+ Reply to Thread
    Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Recommend me a pram!

I'm looking at getting a new pram for DS who is three next month (and is as tall as a lot of four year olds!) but I want something that comes with a bassinet as well as we're 9 months of having a bub .

I've so far looked at the City Jogger, the Bugaboo Frog (I don't really like how low they seem to be though, DH is quite tall) and the Strider Plus. The Strider Plus is out because it seems to be wide which is something I hate about going into shops, being stuck in tight aisles! *chuckle*.

I'll probably buy second hand, there seems to be a lot on ebay at the moment that are in great condition and I don't see the point of spending stacks of money when I can get it much cheaper because it's seen a year or two of use. Some people call it cheap, I call it thrifty lmao.

Anyway, any suggestions for me to research would be great. I'm not fussed about adding a toddler seat, but I'd like something that comes with a toddler skateboard if I can. I also don't want anything too heavy or bulky.

Also, if anyone has a great second hand pram for sale and is on the Western side of Melbourne, I'd be interested in getting some pictures etc .

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Phil & Teds explorer with the mountain buggy scooter
    Baby jogger do quiet tall seat back/canopy too and from memory the mountain buggy scooter hooks onto them too.

Will think about more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would suggest the baby jogger city select. It doesn't come with a bassinette but u can get an adaptor to use a capsule with this pram and a second seat. I used this system when DS2 was smaller and it's wonderful. No waking baby to put in/out of car or in/out of pram/house. Really was perfect. Now that he is older I still use the pram with 2 seats instead of 1 seat and a capsule for both my sons. In saying this I haven't used any other doubles so I don't really have anything to compare it to

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Forgot to mention it easily converts back to a single once your older child doesn't want to use the pram anymore. It's very sturdy and easy to use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobsmamma View Post
    I would suggest the baby jogger city select. It doesn't come with a bassinette but u can get an adaptor to use a capsule with this pram and a second seat. I used this system when DS2 was smaller and it's wonderful. No waking baby to put in/out of car or in/out of pram/house. Really was perfect. Now that he is older I still use the pram with 2 seats instead of 1 seat and a capsule for both my sons. In saying this I haven't used any other doubles so I don't really have anything to compare it to
    I'm glad to hear this because I've just bought one! Waiting for it to come in. We got the capsule adaptor and the matching car seat/capsule, but you can also get the bassinet that goes with it too

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AllCreatures For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (31-03-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not saying its not suitable for the OP but I tried my 22kg 110cm tall 4 year old in the CS and he was way too big, my 3 year old barely fit but it was an option I did consider until I actually went to try it IRL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have u seen the iCandy peach?
    I chose it after researching, I loved the strider, but its to bulky, heavy and wide. The iCandy is lightweight, has an adjustable handle, and can convert to a double or have a basinet or capsule.

It is on the expensive side tho, so mayb look around for second hand.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to buboven For This Useful Post:

TIGERQUEEN  (13-04-2012)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Not saying its not suitable for the OP but I tried my 22kg 110cm tall 4 year old in the CS and he was way too big, my 3 year old barely fit but it was an option I did consider until I actually went to try it IRL
    Thanks, that IS helpful. DS is quite tall and broad, he's going to be a basketball player I'm sure! So picking ones that he'll fit into can be tricky. I'll be happy with a skateboard to be honest, I think he's just plain getting too tall. Pretty sure people already look at him in his umbrella stroller and think he's way too old to be sitting in a pram! He's still two people, not three until next month! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Eko View Post
    Thanks, that IS helpful. DS is quite tall and broad, he's going to be a basketball player I'm sure! So picking ones that he'll fit into can be tricky. I'll be happy with a skateboard to be honest, I think he's just plain getting too tall. Pretty sure people already look at him in his umbrella stroller and think he's way too old to be sitting in a pram! He's still two people, not three until next month! Lol.
    Def the Phil & teds explorer then as a recommendation from me, I did switch to the mountain buggy duo as I wanted more leg room for his brother (I have a 4 & 3 year old and the baby) but the explorer gave DS1 a lot of room, if you go a google search you can find a baby jogger comparison chart which is quiet good. I also found baby gizmo on you tube does awesome reviews of different prams/strollers.