+ Reply to Thread
    Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default what do you have faith in?

“You say that you people don’t burn folk and sacrifice people anymore, but that’s what true faith would mean, y’see? Sacrificin’ your own life, one day at a time, to the flame, declarin’ the truth of it, workin’ for it, breathin’ the soul of it. That’s religion. Anything else is just . . . is just bein’ nice. And a way of keepin’ in touch with the neighbors.”

My religion teaches self reflection and questioning, to arrive at a self derived set of ethics. And thats how I try to live my life.
    What do you believe in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Me,Myself and I

--I might come back with a good quote in a sec too!

-this could soon turn into a thread of quotes that sum up people's thoughts
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 01-04-2012 at 09:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    "I have concluded through careful empirical analysis and much thought that somebody is looking out for me, keeping track of what I think about things, forgiving me when I do less than I ought, giving me strength to shoot for more than I think I am capable of, I believe they know everything that I do and think and they still love me. And i've concluded after careful consideration, that this person keeping score....

...Is ME.

- Adam Savage
    (the dude from Myth Busters! )
    Last edited by FiveInTheBed; 01-04-2012 at 14:06.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FiveInTheBed For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (01-04-2012),Eko  (01-04-2012),Gandalf  (01-04-2012),MilkingMaid  (01-04-2012),onedayatatime  (07-04-2012),Sariele  (01-04-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveInTheBed View Post
    "I have concluded through careful empirical analysis and much thought that somebody is looking out for me, keeping track of what I think about things, forgiving me when I do less than I ought, giving me strength to shoot for more than I think I am capable of, I believe they know everything that do and think and they still love me. And i've concluded after careful consideration, that this person keeping score....

...Is ME.

- Adam Savage
    I saw this on FB the other day & I totally agree!

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Well I'm a pantheist, and I believe in Mother Nature.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    "I have concluded through careful empirical analysis and much thought that somebody is looking out for me, keeping track of what I think about things, forgiving me when I do less than I ought, giving me strength to shoot for more than I think I am capable of, I believe they know everything that do and think and they still love me. And i've concluded after careful consideration, that this person keeping score....

...Is ME.

- Adam Savage
    i love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

...Is ME.

- Adam Savage
    I was so going to add this!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Physics.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (01-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I practice MEISM! Its blardy fantastico.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Like others I believe in myself. I believe in myself to make good choices for myself and my kids, to cope with anything that comes my way, that my resilience will help me bounce back.