+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are there any vegans that didnt get morning sickness

Ive heard that a vegan diet can help prevent morning sickness. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope. I got horrible morning sickness even when vegan.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you aren't no0rmally vegan this could be dangerous- all the vegans I know are very careful about diet and very knowledgeable on what they need to eat with regard to protein, iron etc. I've never heard of this helping m/s. I call bs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (31-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am vegan and had terrible morning sickness from 6-16 weeks and it has been back for the last 2 weeks. As much as I wish it were true, being vegan definitely doesn't help!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I was vegan when I conceived and during the early weeks of my first pregnancy, and I had morning sickness. I started eating dairy and I was craving it and my resolve to avoid it was weakened by being sick and it didn't change the severity of the morning sickness.

I have ms again this time, and the only thing that has helped has been drugs, unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't believe what you've heard at all. I was horrendously ill and a vegan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I was vegan when I conceived and during the early weeks of my first pregnancy, and I had morning sickness. I started eating dairy and I was craving it and my resolve to avoid it was weakened by being sick and it didn't change the severity of the morning sickness.
    ditto.
    I gave into egg cravings and ate eggs daily for a while - it made no difference to my ms. My ms turned me off all tofu and fruit and veg completely.After ms ended I got straight back into fruit and veg but still can't do tofu, and havent been able to eat an egg since either.
    Last edited by bada; 31-03-2012 at 14:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    It's not quite the same but i'm a vegetarian. I don't consume eggs or milk, only a small amount of dairy. I never got any sickness at when pregnant with DS1.
    With DS2 i didn't have any actual sickness but did feel quite nauseous for a fair few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm vegan and was revoltingly ill from weeks 7-16. I'm 21 weeks now and still lose my dinner occasionally and sometimes walk around in circles dry-heaving of a morning.

I too was craving cheese and eggs and took it as a sign that I needed more protein so upped legumes and nuts and stopped feeling like them after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm vegan too and I've got terrible nausea, although not sickness. Luckily I haven't really craved any non-vegan stuff, maybe I've been vegan long enough to forget what most of it tastes like, about 6 or 7 years now. Tofu is one of the few things I actually want to eat because it is so bland!

My vegan friends who've had babies have also had nausea, they both have healthier vegan diets than I do, one of them was very sick and had to go into hospital. I don't think it makes a difference whether you are vegan or not, although I noticed that nearly everything on the do-not-eat list is non-vegan, so I guess at least we don't have to worry too much about what we eat, beyond avoiding the salad bar stuff and prepared sushi. Oh and sprouts. I'm not sure if home-sprouted sprouts would be ok though?