+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babalooba View Post
    Hi empowering
    Do you know the town where you will be? 30 minutes north sounds like Westchester County somewhere. My husband is from there Its really good because its the suburbs so nice and quiet but super close to the city, just a train ride away. Plus their trains are REALLY nice.
    will PM you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Please please please try to stay on bub hub. LOL. You seem to give the best school advice.... will miss that! loll.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    awesome thanks I'd love to but isn't Niagara falls on Canada side ?
    It's on both sides, the tour I did took you to the Canadian side for lunch all we had to do was take our passports to get stamped on the way over the bridge, you can do the boat tour under the falls from either side

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmPowering View Post
    well just looked and can't as she film in California an I'm opposite side
    Hmmm thats a bit of an inconvience now isnt it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyoung View Post
    It's on both sides, the tour I did took you to the Canadian side for lunch all we had to do was take our passports to get stamped on the way over the bridge, you can do the boat tour under the falls from either side
    we were told because of our student working visas we may not be let back inthe coutry so not to leave hmm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    Please please please try to stay on bub hub. LOL. You seem to give the best school advice.... will miss that! loll.
    haha youl have to add me on fb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You will have an amazing time. I was a nanny in Colorado for 12 months, many years ago (I was 19) and I met 3 other girls and we hired a car and drove from Colorado to New York and back again. It was fantastic.

Remember that you will likely get homesick at times and want to come home, but try really hard to battle through those days because it is one of the best experiences you will have.

Use your time off to get out and explore. There'll be times when money is tight, so on those days, you could spend the day in Central Park people watching, it's free and great fun, or wandering from downtown to uptown, stopping along the way to watch whatever street entertainment is happening. New York is brilliant. You will love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks heaps foe the advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    New York rocks! It is definitely the city that doesn't sleep, has a fabulous vibe, is very cosmopolitan and alive. I found it a little tricky to navigate around (on foot) if I was trying to figure out the grid system with the odd and even numbers etc. But that said, it has the cheapest taxi fares, takes a little getting used to the whole 'stepping out' and hailing a Cab, but once you get the hang of that it's not as intimidating.

I found it quite safe to walk around (on my own) at all hours of the night, but evenso, it's a big, busy city, so common sense will tell you what areas look a little dodgy and to be wary of. Always be mindful of your bag and looking like a 'tourist' so to speak.

I lived in Massachusetts, so was used to life in America, but it can be a bit daunting at first. Don't forget to tip, (not that you'll really get a chance to ) but even little things like getting your eyebrows waxed you need to tip.
    Of course make sure your health insurance is adequate, especially if you go on holidays with your nanny family, make sure you know what you'll be covered for etc. You'll have a ball and what an amazing opportunity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks wow I didn't know about tipping how annoying haha why fo they do that?