+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pregnant and have a 4 month old and am a little freaked out!

Hey ladies

So I'm 27 and married to a lovely
    Man , we have a 7 year old and a 4 month old and just found out I am pregnant. We wanted another baby and we purposely didn't use protection and assumed it would take longer to fall pregnant and not first go.

But now I am wondering if I have done the right thing as my husband is a musician and is going to be on your in the US for 3 months as of mid April and I will be at home with the 2 boys and pregnant.

Of course I would never terminate but how do other mums cope? While pregnant and alone and once the baby comes and with only a 13 month age gap?

Could ladies share their experiences?

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You will be fine. My two were 17 months apart and it wasn't as bad as I thought. They are both in nappies, and they do similar things at similar times. It was busy, but you will be surprised how quickly you slot the new baby into your existing routine.

I have been pregnant this time with a preschooler and one in first year of primary school. I think that is actually worse. They never sleep, I have to do school and kinder runs and am generally just so busy and tired. I am sure you will be fine op, once you get over the shock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subscribing as I'm in the same boat!

We'll probably end up with a 12 month gap as I have complications and bub is likely to come early. Pregnancy wise I found the first 4 months tough with morning sickness but now that that's cleared up I'm finding it ok looking after a 8 month old while pregnant. I get tired and it's getting harder to get up off the floor after playing and to cart him around but it's still do-able.

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    You will be fine. My two were 17 months apart and it wasn't as bad as I thought. They are both in nappies, and they do similar things at similar times. It was busy, but you will be surprised how quickly you slot the new baby into your existing routine.
    I agree with this ! I have a 14 month age gap and my kids are now 1 and 2. I started TTC again straight after having DS as l was hoping for a close age gap.

I must say that a lot of people really gave me grief about how hard it would be and were quite negative about it however none of them had a small age gap . The people with the small age gap all told me they wouldn't change it for anything and it wouldn't be as hard as I would expect , and in my experience they were right . I hope your experience is the same :-)

You just manage to slot the new baby in and almost forget what it was like with just one. And i definitely don't have an easy DS who was sleeping through by the time dd came along , he's never slept through and they both still wake and feed all night and even then I can still say its not as hard as I thought and THIS was one thing I did think oh god how will I manage !

So hang in there , try to think positive and look forward to the new baby and congratulations on your pregnancy ! I understand your concerns though , I felt the same ! Thankfully my concerns were far worse than reality :-)

Love kitty xoxo

Ps - my Dh is very supportive and never goes away for work or anything but I was on my own with both kids the day I got out of hospital as he had to go straight back to work, I was nervous but I just managed and forgot how it was when I just had DS . And being pregnant with a active almost toddler was fine also , kept me fit !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do find so far that people reactions don't help. Like they act as if something terrible and because I don't know anyone in the same boat I feel isolated.

And I am sure once it's all happening I'll never be able to imagine it any other way. Because I thought when I has my last baby I was wondering how I'll cope and I'm coping just fine.

Hopfully DH won't have to go away again this year. His music has just taken off in the US but I'm hoping he won't leave again till after this baby is born.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine are 13 months apart, they grew up together and were often mistaken for twins.

One tip: Don't neglect 4mth old after the birth of newbie, it's easy to do

But don't think their closeness in age will make them "close", mine fought like cats and dogs from the get-go lol, and still do!!! Grrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    You could be Tori Spelling with only a 2 month old and pregnant!

Sorry, on a serious note! What's done is done - embrace it! Just think of all the positives!

Your two babies will prob be the best of friends, baby one won't remember a time baby two didn't exist and your elder DS can help with little things as he is older. I would say rest, rest, rest while your baby still sleeps during the day use this time to yourself rest.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't worry, I have a 6 mth old and 19 mo!

My DH travels a lot. I found the pregnancy ok, DD was still napping so I napped when she did, I assume your 7 yo is in school? It was hard at the end just because I was big but we were fine!

When DS was born I was really torn at not being able to give DD the attention that she wanted, but we got through it and now it's just lovely! I was bfing DS and he was a massive feeder DD struggled with that a bit, but I used to read books and sing songs etc, I used the tv too! DD likes to help now, gets nappies, tries to spoon feed DS!!! DS is sitting up now and the two play together!

My best advice would be try and make sure your youngest is able to feed his/herself ASAP. I left it a bit late with DD and it was hectic some evenings at meal time, feeding newbie and spoon feeding DD!

Get some special books ( dd loved pop up books at this age) and puzzles to take out when you are feeding.

As mothers we find energy from I don't know where! I always had enough energy to deal with them even though DS was such a bug feeder( hourly untill 12 weeks) .

Have lots of snacks and meals in freezer.

DH went for work to Europe for 3 weeks when DS was 10 days old.... I got through it and felt like a superwoman! We have no family here, we are both from Europe.

So what I'm saying is its doable, it will be like groundhog day some days but I would not change it for the world!

Good luck and congratulations!

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't lived through it myself, but I think once the new bub is here you'll be able to find a routine and you'll be fine Don't let other people drag you down, unless they've had a small age gap themselves, how would THEY know whether it'll be difficult or not?

Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it. You've done it before so you'll be fine doing it again .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'm in the same boat. Took a test tonight as AF didn't arrive and I have a 5 month old. Feel totally overwhelmed, havnt told husband as we hadnt discussed a 4th baby. Have also been drinking wine and eating naughty thing these last two weeks as I honesty had no idea. Feel like crying. Ive always wanted 4 babies but maybe not so soon. I also want to know this baby is ok and healthy after my last two weeks prior to finding out.