View Poll Results: Should there be a head 2 head section?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 54.29%
  • No

15 42.86%
  • Other

1 2.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    if everyone can enter the thread/s with the intention of debating the topic at hand with a sense of maturity - then ..yes - i'd be interested in seeing a section like this.

minimum post count should be a requirement to enter.

I think it's okay for a community to be honest with each other.
    I quite often say to DP , "really? I think what you are saying sound absurd - and this is why....."
    he is well within his rights to say the exact same thing to me --- and at the end of the day, we both walk away having learnt something.
    ...and occaisonally kiss and make up - although that wouldn't be an expectation with everyone here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep id love one, and agree with minimum post count. Even I, with 500 posts am more respectful of members opinions than I was when I first joined. You get to know people, get to understand their beliefs, offer advice in their times of need and vice versa... I dont think its likely that things will turn really ugly if we had a minimum post count of say 2000...you would be too careful not to hurt a 'friend's feelings...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GothChick View Post
    Yep id love one, and agree with minimum post count. Even I, with 500 posts am more respectful of members opinions than I was when I first joined. You get to know people, get to understand their beliefs, offer advice in their times of need and vice versa... I dont think its likely that things will turn really ugly if we had a minimum post count of say 2000...you would be too careful not to hurt a 'friend's feelings...
    I think the post count is a good idea!
    The thing that confuses me is that there are rules re bullying on bh yet there is so much of it happening on here yet some threads tend to stay open regardless.
    And I don't think some people realize they are bullying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't agree with such a large post count.

There are many members that read along, but not post often, that may benefit from discussions in such a thread.

And honestly it seems a bit clique-y to do so. JMO.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tatia&shura For This Useful Post:

jacobsmamma  (30-03-2012),Shoopuf  (30-03-2012),smallpotatoes  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I like the idea of a high post count. It means the people posting know the rules, what to say, what not to say etc. It does get a bit annoying when a newbie jumps in all high and mighty and then trashes a thread. There are things you learn as you go along. I know I sure did.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (30-03-2012),insanity  (30-03-2012),trishalishous  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinandchloe View Post

There are many members that read along, but not post often, that may benefit from discussions in such a thread.

Fair Point.

I think it was suggested mainly to prevent trolls

maybe not cliquey as such - but at least some sort of rapport would have been built.

2000 is probably too high taking what you are saying into consideration -- Maybe 500 or 1000?

Thanks
    Reviews
    500 is good I reckon. There's some awesome newbies ATM who are hovering around that amount. I may not always agree with them but they are a good read/debate. Yes Goth Chick, I could be talking about you...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

trishalishous  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    500 is good I reckon. There's some awesome newbies ATM who are hovering around that amount. I may not always agree with them but they are a good read/debate. Yes Goth Chick, I could be talking about you...
    Naww I feel spesh...

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, but I would like to see it more like a cage fight...no rules. I am happy to be personally attacked, picked on and bullied. I can choose not to get in the cage. As long as it was restricted to one section, it might save the rest of the threads getting heated. It would be good to have an area to blow off steam.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

GothChick  (30-03-2012),tatia&shura  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kristinandchloe View Post

Yes this. I know the rules have been a member for a few years now but have much less posts than some members who have been on BH less than 12 months (some in the 1000's wow!) I choose where I want to post based on what I am comfortable with and where i think I may be able to help another member. I read BH forums every day (a lot more than I'll ever admit ) Perhaps base participation in such a thread (if it were to EVER happen) on length of membership?