+ Reply to Thread
    futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Entertaining the kid(s)???Help

I was hoping to get some help on how to entertain DD while I am studying.

I am only doing 1 unit via open university but between work, housework, DP not being home due to work and when he is home he is studying too I am finding it hard to get some study done during the hours when I am not completely exhausted (after DD is in bed and housework is done before getting up to go to work the next day) because I am studying so late I am not doing as much or taking in as much as I could be.

So far the only thing that really gets DD out of my hair is DVDs. I am so sick of putting her in front of the TV also she is very active so if she spends long periods of time sitting I pay for it later in the night.

So I am hoping that someone can make some suggestions about things I could do to keep her entertain (part during winter so we cant really go outside) She is nearly 3, VERY active, and is frequently asking to be played with, she use to play on her own really well but now craves company sooooo much???

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have found the same thing, although my daughter is older. She can seem to entertain herself when I am not doing uni work, but the instant i crack a book open, or do an essay, she starts hassling me for everything.

The only thing I can suggest is setting her up near you with something constructive to do. Like painting etc. But even then, they tend to hassle you