+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy in Victoria

How do you find a surrogate in Victoria? I understand it can be very difficult to find a surrogate, but any information will help.

Thankyou.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Surrogacy in Melbourne

Hi there
    i would also like to know about surrogacy in Melbourne.
    We have tried ivf using my eggs and donor unsuccessfully. We had decided to stop after 9 transfers but am still aching to be a mother. I am 48 and think that a donor egg and surrogate is our only other option.

Can someone from Melbourne please help me find out more about what is ahead of us if we went down this path.

Thanks

Mama24Crazies is offline The precious bundle that I proudly gave back.................. 37 weeks
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately Australia doesn't allow IP's and surrogates to advertise and Australians don't have the luxury of obtaining help from a matching service. So, once you have exhausted your list of family, friends, and friends of friends, the best thing you can do is chat, chat, chat!!!

There are a couple of forums like bub hub, whereby you can tell your story, gather support and information and fingers crossed a surro wannabee will connect with what you are saying, and form a relationship.

Victorian government chose to implement a State regulator......VARTA, for Altruistic surrogacy. From what I've heard, this basically means, you will have many hoops to jump through, kill many trees with the paperwork....... and will have to exercise a whole lot of patience when it comes to getting to your first transfer attempt.

Your team will need to be accepted into the surrogacy program via a review panel. Within the Dept of health website there is information on the Patient Review Panel........what's involved, application forms etc. Varta (Victorian Assisted Reproductive treatment Authority) also has a website.

You might like to contact your IVF clinics. They should be able to help you with processes and what's involved.

Living in Victoria also means you are able to use overseas commercial surrogacy. A lot of information, on both Australian altruistic and commercial surrogacy, can be obtained from a victorian based organisation called Surrogacy Australia (www.surrogacyaustralia.org). This organisation is also putting on the first national conference on surrogacy in Melbourne on the 26/27 May. Hopefully all your questions with regard to surrogacy will be answered by many speakers.........including, lawyers, surrogates, ivf clinics, Intended parents, speakers from India and America. The idea, is instead of googling for hours upon hours, you can attend a conference over the weekend and get information and answers straight from people that know!!!!

Best of luck with your search and should you both need to travel the surrogacy path, I hope it's a short one.

Love

Karen

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama24Crazies For This Useful Post:

mybooboo  (03-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup, I am in vic and as m24c said, it's a crap load of red tape and paperwork..beuricratic BS really. My IPs relocated to NSW and we are proceeding through Genea...Victoria really is useless in surrogacy...sorry to say. Really annoys and angers me that people who have no idea make all the rules...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your feedback. We are seriously considering using an egg donor and surrogate but have absolutely no idea how on earth we would find a surrogate especially because you can not advertise. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not easy Mickey, start by asking everyone you know, ask them to keep you in mind with people that they know and get your story out there any way you can. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Mickey can u pls contact me

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also chose biotexcom. The clinic is full and lines are long, that's true. I agree, the clinic should hire more staff. But all this is not so important! My husband and I were in Ukraine in July. Our manager told us that there are always many clients in the clinic, especially on summer. That's why they are planning to open a couple more clinics so it would be easier both for patients and for doctors. I think that lines are not the big deal. It's ok to wait a couple of hours for me. The most important is result, the positive result. We saw many couples, who came for ultrasounds and deliveries. Isn't this a confirmation that this clinic and doctors are working and know their job very well! We come to clinics not to check their service and lines, but to receive help and proper treatment. So if it really works than who cares how long are those lines, how's food tastes or how's accommodation looks? This clinic helps so many infertile couples to become parents. I read here reviews of many men and women, who became parents thanks to biotexcom. I chose this clinic because of experience they shared. They are happy parents now and I hope this clinic will help us too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Surrogacy in Victoria

Last edited by Charlie74; 07-11-2016 at 07:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Alice
    Wish you all tge best. How expensive is Ukraine

Charlie, dont lose heart, everybody feels similar, some lucky people find altruistic surrogates in vic, though we have to finally go to the US