+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So the problem has something to do with safari :s

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also the thing i find is that apple does restrict users from alot of things. Most problems can be resolved by download a browser app that will allow any restrictions that safari has. Its really an issue of trying and testing other browsers and seeing which one works for you. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    do you have problems with posting reviews? (yes - always, sometimes, rarely, never) - Never

when you click on 'write a review' does it ask for name and email? yes/no - NO

if you click on 'write a review', if the system DOESN'T ask for name and email, you write your review and it then seems to have logged you out and your review isn't saved: yes/no - NO

what browser are you using: mozilla firefox

once you've logged in, are you clicking 'back' to find the product to review (ie going back to the page that you were logged out of) yes/no - NO

do you have 'remember me' ticked - YES

what sort of device are you on? (pc, mobile, tablet) PC

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any problem posting reviews. I always log in first then go to reviews section. I always use Firefox on the computer never do it from phone or tablet. And I do have remember me ticked. Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    1..do you have problems with posting reviews? (yes - always, sometimes, rarely, never)
    No i never had any problem with posting reviews..

2..when you click on 'write a review' does it ask for name and email? yes/no
    If i am logged in with my usename ,it does not ask for name and email.
    If am not loged in then it asks for name and email.

3..if you click on 'write a review', if the system DOESN'T ask for name and email, you write your review and it then seems to have logged you out and your review isn't saved: yes/no
    No i never had any problem of this sort..

4.what browser are you using:
    google chrome

5..once you've logged in, are you clicking 'back' to find the product to review (ie going back to the page that you were logged out of) yes/no...
    I open that in a ew window/tab , i never click on back..

6.do you have 'remember me' ticked
    yes

7what sort of device are you on? (pc, mobile, tablet)
    laptop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bubhub i thought id screen shot what i did to show whats happening and describe along with it.

logged in just typed in forums
    click on reviews, all login details, my name, notifications etc from top disappear but theres no log in box up there either
    click on user log in at top circled in red
    takes me to this page and says im logged in
    http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/p...gindetails.jpg

click on reviews again and im not logged in because theres no log in details at top still, area circled with question mark
    http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/p...gindetails.jpg

click back on user login at the top right corner and still says im logged in, press log out and log in type bar now appears as shown.
    http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/p...reaappears.jpg

log back in at the forum area and im logged in until i click on reviews, it seems to be pot luck if it gets through and works. Took me so long to submit each review.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [*]do you have problems with posting reviews? (yes - always, sometimes, rarely, never)

Yes from around the last 6mths or so
    [*]when you click on 'write a review' does it ask for name and email? yes/no

Have usually signed in before then
    [*]if you click on 'write a review', if the system DOESN'T ask for name and email, you write your review and it then seems to have logged you out and your review isn't saved: yes/no

It's does log me out but I have checked back a couple of days later and my review is posted (I however haven't checked all reviews made but my total looks to be right)
    [*]what browser are you using:

Windows 7 Internet explorer
    iPad safari
    [*]once you've logged in, are you clicking 'back' to find the product to review (ie going back to the page that you were logged out of) yes/no

No, I only use the tabs on top of the page
    [*]do you have 'remember me' ticked

No
    [*]what sort of device are you on? (pc, mobile, tablet)

I usually write my reviews on my PC however I used my IPad the other night and it did the same thing.

I hope this helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm getting the same problems in Opera although not as consistently as with safari

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always have difficulty posting reviews.

I am always logged in but have to re log in when I want to post a review.

I dont recall being asked for email address.

The last review I done I couldn't get past the title bar in the review and it crashed on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Tech Superstar - Super Star
    I have added a 'remember me' checkbox on the user login page http://www.bubhub.com.au/login.php
    It is ticked by default, so the system won't log you out, you'll have to log yourself out manually.
    I am hoping this will solve some people's review adding issues.

I tested the system in Safari on a PC and it worked ok. There is a possibility that there are issues with tablets like the ipad but I don't have one to test and I wouldn't think so anyway.

For people who write their review then log in second and then go to the product again to finish writing the review - this will probably mean your original review will be removed from your browser.

For people who log in and then go to reviews and expect their username to appear in the top right above the purple nav bar - this won't happen. Your username only appears on the forum, although your browser still knows you are logged in no matter what page you're on. So the review you write will be attributed to you.

We're working on a less cumbersome system for writing reviews and being logged in and will probably have something ready after Easter.