+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Me&MrsMagoo - I've just logged in as you and posted a review without any issues at all (which I've now deleted).

So - it must be a browser issue or related to a security setting or something on your machine itself.

A few people with Safari maybe are having problems. I'll try posting from my phone later and see if I have issues.

Do you have a really high security setting on your machine - something that wipes cookies regularly - or anything like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubhub View Post
    Me&MrsMagoo - I've just logged in as you and posted a review without any issues at all (which I've now deleted).

So - it must be a browser issue or related to a security setting or something on your machine itself.

A few people with Safari maybe are having problems. I'll try posting from my phone later and see if I have issues.

Do you have a really high security setting on your machine - something that wipes cookies regularly - or anything like that?
    Nope, no high security settings ...

I mostly use safari on my phone as I have limited access to a pc - when I do use a computer it's a mac with safari - so can't change the browser ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Iv had this problem for atleast a year. It works most times if I log on at forum page first. If it doesn't a lot of the time logging out and back in works.

It also says I'm logged in but doesnt have the user control panel quite frequently (so its like a half log in which is where i think the problems start so maybe thats happening to people) so I know to relog in. If i go to log in it says mummy2luca is logged in do you want to log out, but it doesnt have my username up the top or the notifications, my profile etc, it has the log in type box. Is that like a timeout thing? I'm not pressing back I'm clicking on reviews again and selecting. I always thought it was session timed out
    do you have problems with posting reviews? (yes - always, sometimes, rarely, never) yes sometimes.

when you click on 'write a review' does it ask for name and email? yes/no Yes sometimes, i always thought it was a time out thing and relog back in, sometimes it says I'm logged in but doesnt have the user control panel so I know to relog in

if you click on 'write a review', if the system DOESN'T ask for name and email, you write your review and it then seems to have logged you out and your review isn't saved: yes/no YES again i thought it was a time out issue and because id been logged on too long without any activity
    what browser are you using: Internet explorer

once you've logged in, are you clicking 'back' to find the product to review (ie going back to the page that you were logged out of) yes/no NO i go and click on review again and find the new product

do you have 'remember me' ticked Yes i do

what sort of device are you on? (pc, mobile, tablet) pc
    Last edited by mummy2Luca; 30-03-2012 at 14:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not high security settings, though I do have issues with safari on our net book and sometimes phone with logging me out of various pages... Though it's mainly only rleBay and I only ever get asked to log in here if I'm writing a review otherwise I'm always logged in.
    when I write reviews if I have a problem over and over I usually just give up writing it abd it never get completed =/
    Maybe I'll download a different browser to use on my iPhone in the future

Thanks
    Reviews
    do you have problems with posting reviews? (yes - always, sometimes, rarely, never) No, never.-
    when you click on 'write a review' does it ask for name and email? yes/no Sometimes. I think it's when a logged in a while ago (being logged in lasts only some minutes, then I need to log in again).-
    if you click on 'write a review', if the system DOESN'T ask for name and email, you write your review and it then seems to have logged you out and your review isn't saved: yes/no No.-
    what browser are you using: Chrome.-
    once you've logged in, are you clicking 'back' to find the product to review (ie going back to the page that you were logged out of) yes/no No.-
    do you have 'remember me' ticked No.- (Where is it?. I was looking for it but I couldn't find it: that would certainly help heaps)
    what sort of device are you on? (pc, mobile, tablet) PC (notebook)
    ​Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaAngela View Post
    Not high security settings, though I do have issues with safari on our net book and sometimes phone with logging me out of various pages... Though it's mainly only rleBay and I only ever get asked to log in here if I'm writing a review otherwise I'm always logged in.
    when I write reviews if I have a problem over and over I usually just give up writing it abd it never get completed =/
    Maybe I'll download a different browser to use on my iPhone in the future
    Is it possible to use different browsers on an iPhone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm just glad it's not just me who has problems!!!! I'm glad I said something now!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you can, you can download opera, firefox and some other browsers and can use them the same as you use safari in iPhone. They can also sync with your conputers favorites etc on that browser =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just replying to your questions.

1. I dont have problems posting reviews. The first time I reviewed it did ask me to either "login" or to supply my name and email, so I logged in (however I thought I already had, but did again anyway) and it let me post my first review.

2. When I click on "write a review" now, it does not ask me for my name and email.

3. If system doesn't ask for name and email, but after reviewing logs me out, my review isn't saved. No this has not happened to me.

4. Browser I'm using- on computer I use IE and on iPhone i just use the app, so I don't know what browser it uses.

5. Once logged in, I don't click "back". I just start from the beginning. Ie - go to reviews, click on product I want to review, then "write a review" then I write my actual review and then post/send.

6. Do I have remember me ticked? Yes in computer I do. My iPhone always remembers me. I don't know if it works like this because I have it ticked on computer, but I use iPhone 95% of the time and I'm always logged on automatically.

7. Almost always on IPhone Bubhub App. Sometimes use laptop computer.

Hope this helps 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, so I just downloaded Opera and wrote two reviews in a row with no problem ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Me&MrMagoo For This Useful Post:

OneMama  (30-03-2012)