+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohmygoodness.. This is terrible.. My DP tried to play this card except I was one step ahead of him.. I stopped doing his dishes, his dinner, his washing, his toiletry shopping, basically everything to do for him I stopped doing it.. He soon started asking me why things weren't done and I said they were, for me and the children but why should I honestly do anything for you when you never help me.. Long story short.. He has became very domesticated lol
    Good luck honey. A dose of their own medicine doesn't hurt them ;-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymagz For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OK in total the adults in your house work 60 hours a week outside the home. You work 20 hours which is 1/3 of the total.

So he should do 1/3 of the work in the home. Including looking after the kids. I suggest making up a list and allocating 1/3 of the tasks to him.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shelle65 For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-03-2012),OJandMe  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So technically you could do 20hrs of house work a week and you've done your 40hrs and you can sit on your butt and wait for the fairies?

Sorry OP your H is being a massive jerk. My husband works anywhere from 40-60 hrs a week depending on the shifts and knows he still has to pull his weight in the house.

Let your H know that laziness and that attitude isn't tolerated. Don't do his stuff. Hell do nothing for the week. Tell him you did your 40hrs. It's either working together or it's not working at all. And when it doesn't work at all, things stop working altogether and suddenly you find yourself in a big mess. So puttin away the dishes probably isn't that hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also think many men are like this if they can get away with it. That would be a nice life, to have all non employment hours as leisure time and not even need to find food or clean after oneself!

I bet you're exhausted. Stop doing all non child and self care related activity, you need a rest. Keep those standards low until he joins in.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This was a huge problem in our household. While we had no kids and both worked everything was 50/50. As soon as I hada child, then suddenly ALL the house stuff was MY job, he hardly ever helped with the kids, never got up at night with them... anyway, he's now my EX!!

I'm sorry he's being like this, you need to give him an ultimatum and stick to it, otherwise he will never change.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-03-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a friend whose husband does this and she just accepts it. Don't settle for it jennibear, its so not right! I love the postit ideas, combined with a strike

oh no hang on, he cooks dinner because... he LIKES to cook! Yep, that makes it OK

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, just wow, I don't have any words!!!

PPs have already given you plenty of useful advise, so I won't repeat, but
    I hope he realizes he is being a ****, and apologies to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all for your replys and advice. In all honesty he is a great husband and father. he helps out with the kids heaps when hes home but its the housework im really haivng issues with. He said to me 'you have a pint about you working too and ill make an effort but i dont think it should be soley my responsibility'. He did put the dishes away but the laundry is still sitting there and by christ im NOT doing it!!!

Im still not happy, and i really wish i had the guts to leave all his washing and cook only for me and the kids but i really dont!!1

We'll see how we go! Thanks

Im still not happy

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NutsyK View Post
    That's bullsh!t. Sorry for anyone who disagrees but I don't care if you don't work at all he can still get off his @ss and do some work around the house. Especially seeing as you're working 20 hours a week.. you're not his slave. If I were you I'd start cleaning up after yourself and your child and forget his crap. Don't do his washing or anything. You do enough "work" as it is. Looking after children shouldn't be seen as work anyway... it should be considered spending time with your family. I hope he sorts himself out Grrrrr
    This! Since when did you become his slave?
    Id be on strike and not cook his meals or clean or do his laundry

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Clock off when he gets home... Just sit down on the couch.. and when he sits down and says something about the housework just shrug and say.. I'm not at work right now, I'm home with my husband and children.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OJandMe For This Useful Post:

Mummybear3  (30-03-2012)