+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would have her in the carseat and sit next to her. Yet I assume there wouldn't have been enough room for you to sit there with your son's booster seat as well?
    I still would keep her in the carseat and keep my eye on her via the rearview mirror, or if your partner was driving, by simply turning around. If she vomited, I would've told him to pull over so you could get her out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Our baby stopped breathing at home at 7 weeks if age- I'm a NICU nurse- my husband phoned the ambulance whilst I got her breathing again and kept her breathing- they told us the closest ambulance would be at least. 20 minutes (we live semi rural). So we made a decision to drive to hospital- every time her head tilted forward she stopped breathing so I sat in the back and held her the 10 minute trip to our local ED (they then stabilised and transferred to a ICU). For vomitting I have kept them in their seats. For a baby who is at risk of stopping breathing I would hold again a hundred times.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

insideaway  (01-04-2012),jacobsmamma  (01-04-2012),Misschief  (30-03-2012),Raising Leprechauns  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneDoe View Post
    I choose other - I would have one parent sitting in the back seat with her so if she vomited you could sit her head forward into a towel or a bucket.

I wouldn't call an ambulance for vomiting only - your right it's not life threatening.
    This exactly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Unfortunately I couldn't sit in the back of the car with her because there are 2 car seats and DS had to come with us as well (so I couldn't take the other seat out). The gap between them is only a few centimetres.

It was a tough decision and I don't know if we did the right thing. We phoned for an ambulance but not 000, we phoned the non-emergency number. I went with her in the ambulance and DF and DS followed in the car. I felt really bad because I know it wasn't life threatening, we just didn't see any other alternative. Ever time she vomitted if she wasn't being held forward she wouldn't clear it all out. She also just wanted to be held as she was very tired, extremely pale and very listless. That's why we hesitated about putting her in her car seat.

I've only ever phoned an ambo once before when I walked past a man in the City who keeled over and collapsed at a bus stop - he was unconscious. I phoned for the ambos whilst other people attended to him.
    I think what you did was 100% acceptable and totally fine hope your DD is all better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    any ambo will tell you they arnt there just for life threatening emergencies. if you fall over and break your leg its not life threatening but you should definately call an ambo. yeah you should'nt call them for stupid things like 'ive had a cold for 3 days, its not getting better (not getting worse either) take me to the hospital', but as others have said your DD is only little and they dehydrate SO easily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think you did the right thing and I would have done the same. I wouldn't leave a baby vomiting that much in the back by themselves and it is hard when you have multiple kids...and there's nowhere for you to sit.
    The ambulance was the safest way for you to be transported.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i would actually only have one person go. My dh would stay home with the 4 yo while I went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pianolady View Post
    i would actually only have one person go. My dh would stay home with the 4 yo while I went.
    We do that to when one of our kids is sick but there would still be the dilemma of leaving the vomiting child in the back of the car on her own while the other one drove.

An ambulance was called for my DD1 on Fri night. It wasn't life threatening, in fact she got the all clear in the ambulance and was allowed to go back to the park to play...but she got pushed off monkey bars, was knocked unconscious, stopped breathing for a few seconds, and started to fit. I don't think anyone would deem that not ambulance worthy but she came to after a few seconds so it wasn't life threatening.

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    how is your dd now?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by trishalishous View Post
    how is your dd now?
    Are you asking me or the Areca?
    My DD is much better although her tummy still is a bit tender. She had another big vomit on Friday night but I think she ate too much for her tender tummy. She's on lots of little feeds and meals. There's been way too much vomit in the house in the last few days.