+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a no smoking at my house rule. My dad and all my step siblings smoke. If they need to smoke at my house then they can go on the street.
    People Smoking around my kids is a huge problem for me but unfortunately my family dont see it as an issue and never think to smoke away from the kids so whenever we see them I'm constantly having to remove my daughter away from them They just don't think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mother smokes. She isn't allowed to touch or hold the baby if she has had a cigarette. If she wants to hold him, she has to have had a shower after her last cigarette and be wearing fresh clothes. Simply washing hands isn't enough.

The last time a smoker held our baby, he reeked of smoke afterwards. It's disgusting. Plus I would hate to be held by a smoker, poor babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My MIL is the only one who smokes. She is not allowed to smoke near the kids, if she is at our house she has to go on the front path to smoke, she has to wait for a 5 minutes after she has smoked before coming back inside (otherwise she just fills the house with her stinky smoke), wash her hands and not touch the kids.
    My BIL thinks we are way over the top and doesn't care if she smokes right in front of his kids faces. We figure that we know how dangerous 2nd hand smoke is and we are not going to willingly allow our kids to be exposed to it. MIL respects our choice, and we respect her choice to smoke even though it bugs me that she always chooses a cigarette over playing with her grandkids.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Areca For This Useful Post:

MyLittleLilacTree  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My older sister, Dad and majority of my friends smoke and they have to wash their hands to have their clothes aired out for at least 10 mins before they're allowed to go near my DD. But they barely ever smoke when Im around with my DD so its good

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only one family member smokes. I have no rules but he always smokes outside & washes his hands before holding DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Most of my friends smoke and DFs sisters. I feel so strongly as an ex smoker myself that I don't want any smoking around my child.

There is no smoking in our house, I don't like people that smell of smoke handling my child and I even prefer them to take of their outer layer if they have been smoking. Their little lungs are so fragile and don't need to be exposed to those chemicals so early on in their life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum smokes but doesn't smoke at our house or if DD is at her house she won't smoke there either. She has made that decision herself. MIL used to be a heavy smoker and couldn't work out why we wanted her to smoke outside and well away from the house. She has since had a heart attack and has given up smoking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FIL is a chain smoker. My PIL's
    house has forty years of smoke ingrained in every surface.

I won't go there when I'm pregnant, and our baby won't go there until its at least two.

When FIL comes to our house he smokes outside but I wish he'd wait before coming inside. My SIL and BIL have never asked him to change clothes or wash his hands before holding their kids but I wish they did!
    I'm considering how to raise it with DH. He hates the smoking too but sometimes gets defensive and sad because FIL had emphysema.

Thanks
    Reviews
    id like to enforce change of clothes and brushing teeth but my family would think i was nuts and probably just wouldnt hold the baby instead. Its not too much of an issue, the ones who smoke live 16 hours away and visit once a year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Only SIL and my brother smoke. When DD was a baby it was always wash hands before touching her. Now that she is older I don't really have any other then don't smoke near her or while she is in sight. I didn't need to "Enforce" anything though, they considered it common sense just like me and DH did.

When I was pregnant I asked DH to quit and he happily did! (thankfully!!)