+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No offence Maybelliene but we're not discussing the benefits and drawbacks of natural therapies here, we're talking about Etienne's dilemma with her mother.

If unqualified people are allowed to practice willy-nilly then yes it absolutely is hogwash. The same goes for any profession that requires quals regardless of the field.

Would you report if we were talking about a physiotherapist, accountant, fitness trainer etc, any main****** profession who was practising with dodgy qualifications.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

CakeyLoaf  (30-03-2012),Madame Mayhem  (30-03-2012),MoonMoon  (30-03-2012),MuminMind  (30-03-2012),SugarSkull  (30-03-2012),Witwicky  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTiggyWinkle View Post
    No offence Maybelliene but we're not discussing the benefits and drawbacks of natural therapies here, we're talking about Etienne's dilemma with her mother.

If unqualified people are allowed to practice willy-nilly then yes it absolutely is hogwash. The same goes for any profession that requires quals regardless of the field.

Would you report if we were talking about a physiotherapist, accountant, fitness trainer etc, any main****** profession who was practising with dodgy qualifications.
    sorry just my op..I wasn't discussing pros/cons either..just that I wouldn't bother reporting..but yes with the other prof I probably would...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely report it. Karma's a ***** and I think she needs karma to bite her on the *** after the crap she has put you through.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would definitely report her. Your mum sounds like some piece of work and I think that you would be doing the right thing. I understand why it's such a dilemma though. hope you find some peace with whatever you chose to do x

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (30-03-2012),SugarSkull  (30-03-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybelline View Post
    sorry just my op..I wasn't discussing pros/cons either..just that I wouldn't bother reporting..but yes with the other prof I probably would...
    I just don't see that the industry makes any difference. She just happens to be a hypnotist. If she is lying about her quals, any client that pays her hard cash in good faith is getting ripped off. That's wrong.

And its equally as disturbing that she is not respecting her client's confidentiality. Privacy laws are very strict in this country and having come from a small town i know how hard it is to keep your business quiet. I wonder who else she is blabbing to? If word gets around about that, she won't have any clients to treat anyway, so the quals won't matter...

Etienne your mum can't hold the property over your head any more. If you were to report it anonymously, do you think it would come back to bite you? You have had enough strife lately, you, DP & DD should come first I think...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Madame Mayhem  (30-03-2012),MuminMind  (30-03-2012),Witwicky  (30-03-2012)

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Regardless of how she got her license, it would seem that her clients are happy if nobody has reported her for breach of privacy or for being crummy at her job. I would let it go. There is enough bad blood between you and your mum without starting more. The truth always comes out eventually, you don't need to help it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Opinionated For This Useful Post:

Misschief  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I would definitely report her regardless of whether she's your mother. There's a moral obligationt there. i can tell you that if my mother (whom I love dearly) was doing something like this, I would report her too.

People are paying her good money for something that she probably doesn't even know how to do properly so of course is someone is uneducated in the practices of hypnosis then they won't be complaining about her because they won't even know if what is being done is wrong or right. Something like hypnosis is hard to measure the proof of it working because if someone goes for say, help to quit smoking, the power of the mind can stop that person from smoking purely because they think that the hypnosis helped even if it was a bunch of hog wash what she was doing .. does that make sense?

What she's doing is wrong and she should be held accountable. From someone who is in the process of suing my ex GP for his bogus practices that left me almost dead a year ago and an undetected missed miscarriage this year for almost 5 weeks (it's a long story how he's directly involved with this error), I strongly urge you to report your mother. I'm sick and tired of bogus practitioners practicing their craft when they have absolutely no idea what they're doing.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would report it because that's just not right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I do not normally respond, but the combination of breach of privacy - which you have proof of and obtaining a qualification illegally, I think you should do something, mum or no mum.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would you report...

Cousins uncle? Wouldnt that be their uncle, too? Or, even their own father? Anyway.

If the board gave her her qualification, she would have gone through a process of accountability, surely? Its not like they would hand this qual out *snaps fingers* just like that.

Report her for breach of privacy.

However, you just sound bitter. (And rightly so). You have known for a while she dodgied her qual, but never said anything? So what happened that made you bring up reporting her as an option now?