+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you report...

A hypnotherapist who obtained her license somewhat fraudulently?

This person used a dead man's name (a qualified hypnotherapist who just recently passed away) as the person who she had supervision with. She wrote a letter to the board when applying for her license saying sadly this man had passed away and wasn't able to sign her paperwork etc. Now I know nothing about the process of registering etc this is just what this person told me. She got away with it as she does with everything.

This person is my mother.
    She is a lying, manipulative, Very well known/liked "natural" therapist who has lied and cheated her whole life and gotten away with it.
    She treated me like dirt all my life except the times when she was manipulating me (ie talked me into renting a property she owns).

Well she's kicked out us of our home with no notice and I've finally made the decision to cut her out for good.
    My whole life I've been the one to just take it and keep my mouth shut, but I'm finding it extremely hard and I want her to be accountable.

Would you report her to the board?

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Nope, I'd forget she ever existed. I think you need to put her behind you and move on easy said then done I'm sure.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (29-03-2012),MilkingMaid  (30-03-2012),missie_mackxxxx  (27-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes i would. She is dealing with people who put their trust in her and she is lying to them. That isvery wrong.

Also to use a dead mans name to help her career is just awful

Sorry your mum is like this.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (29-03-2012),fairyflossfairy  (29-03-2012),SugarSkull  (30-03-2012)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Yes. Even better if you had proof.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (29-03-2012),SugarSkull  (30-03-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes. She is in a position of trust and has clients in a very vulnerable position.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Hun, I hate to hear you are still having problems with her

Personally I would, without a doubt, she is in a position of trust and support and wrongly so. maybe do it anonymously,

Good luck

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Madame Mayhem For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would but I would do it anonymously as a PP has suggested. If she has just kicked you out she could argue you are making it up out of spite (unless you have hard evidence of the deceit). She shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TeenyT For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In regards to proof, I think they could just ask anyone who knew this hypnotherpist before he passed, or client records. I don't know why they never did in the first place?

I agree with forgetting she exists!
    It's hard because I feel sorry for her clients. We live in a small town and she has told me every personal thing about her clients. She likes to talk about how great she is etc so I see people in the street and know they were molested by their cousins uncle etc I feel angry that I know this and I feel she doesn't deserve to be working with these people. But I also beleive somewhat in karma.

I need to let it go.

Baby wearing, co-sleeping, booby feeding mummy to one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anonymously or not, she'll know its you who dobbed her in. If you have sufficient proof, than you can report her. It really is upto you and your conscience to decide what to do.
    Just ask yourself what you will gain with reporting her? Does it make you the better and more mature person? Or does it make you no better than your mother?
    She sure is a nasty piece of work, but I guess Im not a very vengeful person and as a Christian, I kinda think that God will deal with them when the time comes.
    I could've destroyed my son's father. His new marriage, his job, could've had his kids taken of him too. Yet I wouldn't have gained much with it, except for a smug smile for a few weeks and then life continues as normal.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Misschief For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear what a difficult time you have had with your mum. Regardless of this, it is concerning she has obtained registration without meeting the required criteria. My concern is that she is likely to be working with people at a vulnerable time in their lives, and there has been no verification that she can do this competently and safely. I would report.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ABigDeepBreath For This Useful Post:

Etienne  (29-03-2012)