+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Implantation bleed?

Hi all,

Firstly, I am new to Bubhub, so my apologies I may not be up with any of the more technical lingo!

Okay, so my background... I have a regular cycle with an average 30 days. I usually get some cramping a day or two prior, tender breasts, and must admit that I get quite moody as well! I generally spot the first day, bleed medium - heavy for the next couple days, then very light for the remaining (with a day where it almost 'disappears'). It is like this month in and month out, and has been for a long time.

My partner and I have been TTC and had sex multiple times throughout my most fertile days this month. My period was due on or around 24/03. Come the afternoon of 26/03 I had a small amount of brown blood. (FYI - I did not experience any cramping or breast tenderness as usual, but was very moody and a little emotional. This could be put down to other things though). Overnight I had expected it to get heavier, but had nothing more. I have only needed panty liners, which are coming off 'clean' each time. A few times, I got a small amount of brown blood when wiping only.

Today, being 29/03, I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative. Could this still be implantation bleeding? Or am I having a one off unusual period?

Sorry for giving you all TMI!

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds like implantation to me but I have never experienced it. Fx you will get a BFP soon. Have you done another test???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I’m also New to Bub Hub so still trying to get my head around all the pregnancy lingo

Just a little background info. DH and I have been TTC for the last month and a bit. Last month was unsuccessful as AF had come right on time. I didn’t really expect to fall pregnant though the first month anyway. I have also only been tracking my cycle for just under 2 months so still really trying familiarise myself with all of that too. I didn’t even know how long my cycle lasted, i never really paid attention..all i knew was that my period was always very regular and usually came at exactly around the same time every month. Currently I’m about 4 DPO.

This morning i had been to the bathroom and just as i was walking to the toilet i could feel some discharge coming. DH and I were intimate last night i so thought it was...you know. When i sat down i realised there was some dark brown bleeding. At first i was really disappointed as thought it was my period but a second later realised that ’m not due for about another 8-10 days!

As mentioned, I’ve never had any problems with irregular periods or spotting for other reasons.?? I have also noticed a very slight cramp about an hour ago..seems to have disappeared for now though, but just feeling a tiny bit bloated.

So after doing a bit of research this morning, i have found there is such a thing as implantation bleeding. Does this sound like it??
    Last edited by missmizchelle; 02-04-2012 at 14:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How strange... on Saturday afternoon AF arrived - after 5 days of light spotting. Very unusual for me, so I will just put it down to an irregular period for this month! Perhaps stress, not too sure.

missmizchelle, it sounds like it could be implantation bleeding if it has come earlier than your expected period. I'm really not too familiar with it though, so hopefully you get some better answers! Google is great too You may need to take a HPT if you are 'late'? - I'm not sure when you would get an accurate reading. Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    My first day as a member lol so sorry I don't know all the fancy lingo yet.
    My man and I haven been TTC for 4 months.
    This month tho, my body has my on edge, I feel full and very tired, slight tenderness breast wise.
    Did a home test last night that was negative, and then work around 4am with light bleeding. Progressed today into a little heavier, only needing a panty liner, there was a small clot but nothing like my normal periods.
    I'm worried it's just my normal monthly, but can someone tell me they types of implantation bleeding they have experienced.
    I also suffer from PCOS & endometriosis. Just adding that in there lol. Any help would b appreciated!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kandt View Post
    missmizchelle, it sounds like it could be implantation bleeding if it has come earlier than your expected period. I'm really not too familiar with it though, so hopefully you get some better answers! Google is great too You may need to take a HPT if you are 'late'? - I'm not sure when you would get an accurate reading. Fingers crossed for you!
    well definitely not late...hence the reason why i thought it was so out of the ordinary for me.

Have been searching google..and at this point all answeres seem to b pointing to yes.....but trying to not get overly excited yet! My cramps (like very, very light menstrual cramps) have been on and off too.

I was thinking of doing a HPT, but not sure if its too early..

Thanks..my fingers are crossed too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    so this has been on my mind since yesterday and after reading alot up on Implantation Bleeding i think i've almost convinced myself that's what it was (dark bown spotting, bloatedness, minor cramping).

So now i'm really tempted to take a HPT but not sure if i i should just yet. Not sure if it will show accurate results. Or do you think it would be wiser to wait till when my period is due...around 7 days away??

Thanks
    Reviews
    also, i haven't mentioned this to DH yet. Not sure if i should or if i just wait to take a HPT to find out for certain.

What did you ladies do??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missmizchelle View Post
    so this has been on my mind since yesterday and after reading alot up on Implantation Bleeding i think i've almost convinced myself that's what it was (dark bown spotting, bloatedness, minor cramping).

So now i'm really tempted to take a HPT but not sure if i i should just yet. Not sure if it will show accurate results. Or do you think it would be wiser to wait till when my period is due...around 7 days away??

You're supposed to wait at least 5 days after implantation bleeding to test and even then it may not show up. Best thing to do is wait until AF is due and test the day after if the witch still hasn't arrived. Best of luck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

missmizchelle  (03-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    You're supposed to wait at least 5 days after implantation bleeding to test and even then it may not show up. Best thing to do is wait until AF is due and test the day after if the witch still hasn't arrived. Best of luck
    ok...i'll wait and take a HPT the day after it's due.

Thank you