I am researching my family history and have been for quite a while now but any tips on trying to solve the following would be amazing because it really has me stumped.
I have a relation (close) who has now passed away (2 years ago).
Here goes (Timeline):
I would love to hear your thoughts on this as there are so many things running through my head. Am I being dramatic or could this have actually happened? How would I go about finding out what happened during those years and do they ever unseal these types of records? There is something there I just can't put my finger on it.
- She was born in 1927
- Father Died when she was 10 - 1937
- Got married in 1946 and had 3 children by 1950
- Oldest brother was killed in Korea in 1950
- In 1951 just up and leaves family, vanished into thin air - no records at all.
- 2 weeks after she leaves husband finds engagement photo's with another man in her dry cleaning (coat pocket) (This seems very unusual as I knew her very well - It just doesn't sound right)
- In 1956 reappears and marries another man - has completely different name, birthdate & birth year by now (4 years younger than actual age)
- Has 5 more children
- No one knows anything of her past until she passed away
- Her second family never knew of her first family at all
- When she "vanished" she was quite well off, husband was a business owner, she was well educated, very attractive young woman (much like Kate Beckinsdale in Pearl Harbour). She was living in Sydney at the time and given what was going on at that time, and searching every record I can and still having no luck I am starting to think that maybe she was put into witness protection for some reason.
- We were always told she lost a lung from severe pnuemonia as a teenager but noone from her past (sisters etc...) agrees with this they all say she had both her lungs when she just "vanished"
- When she met her 2nd husband she didn't have the lung.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts