+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    i have some recpies that i used..
    all is organic , nothing like synthetic supplements..
    all food organic supplements are fully of iron and it's very good for baby..
    I must reccomend spinach first!

My DS gets constipated when he eats rice cereal so we have eliminated it from his diet. I give him pureed baked beans with mashed avacado, as baked beans have iron. I also try to give him one meal a day with meat in it, whether it's beef, chicken, or fish. I think when you give a baby an iron-rich food from a plant source (such as the baked beans), you're supposed to make sure they get enough vit C so they can absorb the iron since it's not as easily absorbed as it is from a meat source. I don't do this since I give him meat as well, but I think it's important if baby isn't getting any meat. My maternity nurse said to cut up big pieces of cooked meat and give it to DS to chew on so he will get the iron from the juices of the meat, although I haven't tried this. Thought it might be worth mentioning? Hope that helps

Similar Threads

1. what foods is your 9 month old eating?
    By babyla in forum Babies (7 - 12 months)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-11-2012, 23:03
  2. Finger foods for an 8 month old
    By slf2205 in forum Babies (7 - 12 months)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21-09-2012, 10:47
  3. What foods have you tried your seven month old on?
    By bluebutterfly74 in forum Babies (7 - 12 months)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 16-09-2012, 10:49