+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default best monitor?

what's the best baby monitor to get on a budget?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oricom 500 is great, or the Uniden Baby watch

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought 2 off ebay, fisher price and Steelcraft, both work well. Although having 2 they interfere with each other. Just made me give up one for the older baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    oricom. you can get the base model (no static, long range, rechargeable batts) for $49 on ebay. all my other brands had static or broke. my oricom model has lullabys, temperature display, pager, talk back function, etc and I think it cost $100 on ebay.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another Oricom fan here! I've had an Angel Care and Roger Armstrong and both died within 12 months and had shocking static. No static at all with the Oricom. Fantastic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oricom here too, also had a roger Armstrong which had terrible static and after about 6 months would only stay charged for about 15 min. Off the base. Oricom is clear, music and temp. Reasonably priced!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a love hate relationship with my oricom. I've had to gets parts replaced twice in 14 months and the battery life sucks! Love the temp reading, good sound, HATE the alarming that you can't turn off, ****ty battery life and rude customer service. I bought a uniden baby watch while my oricom was getting bits replaced again and I love it. It does everything the oricom does except the temp and has video. Minor cons are it's not very loud and there is only a few seconds warning between the battery warning and it turning off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a Motorola Digital - MBP15.
    It was relatively cheap, $130 I think?? From Big W.

Never had any problems with it and it has a talk back function which is handy when DF and I want to play stupid games
    Also tells you the temperature, plays music and you can turn the night light on from the portable unit.
    Battery life is pretty good, about 8 hours?

I wish I had gotten a video monitor though as my bub makes a lot of noise which makes it sound like he is awake but he often is just wiggling around.
    Last edited by RobinSparkles; 29-03-2012 at 21:56.