+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the exact same problems except my DS was started to refuse the breast. I started using a nipple shield which slowed down the flow just enough so he wasnt frightened anymore. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    soooo glad i saw this thread!! this has been happenng to us. bub often spits out mouthfulls of milk and coughs and chokes because she gets too much (and i leak everywhere)

sophia only wants to feed for 5-10 mins. i was told by the midwives at the hospital that 10 mins is the minimum she should feed for, but it is a struggle to get her to feed that long. she also has colic and is quite distressed while on the breast... she kicks and screams and scratches me (like digs her fingers into whatever she can reach)
    she is putting alot of weight on though so i dont know if im doing the right thing by letting her feed for the amount of time she wants to... 5-10 mins (sounds silly i know)

her soft spot on her head isnt sunken in either so that means she isnt dehydrated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS also only fed for 5-10mins in total which worried me at the time due to advice of 20mins per side etc now I look back and think those numbers are just guides, every baby is different and as he was gaining weight and having plenty of wet and dirty nappies he was obviously getting what he needed.