+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive been watching the biggest loser and they are on 1200 cal a day burning 600 cal in the morning and 600 in the evening have to burn more than you consume that's why they get the big numbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Any nuts, whatever you like - just try to stick to raw or dry roasted or you'll be having too much salt. Seeds as well, though generally a bit lower in cals, but nicer with cereal.

As Des said, you may also need to reassess your goal along the way as your body composition changes. If you've got the cash, you could consider getting a dexa scan which will accurately show your fat and muscle percentages and distribution.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cakester69 View Post
    Ive been watching the biggest loser and they are on 1200 cal a day burning 600 cal in the morning and 600 in the evening have to burn more than you consume that's why they get the big numbers.

I am BUrning more than im consuming, but your body reaches a point where if u burn too much, and dont eat enough it goes into starvation mode and shuts down, thats what this is about. Im trying to work out the middle ground.

Stretched ill google the scan thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    I am BUrning more than im consuming, but your body reaches a point where if u burn too much, and dont eat enough it goes into starvation mode and shuts down, thats what this is about. Im trying to work out the middle ground.

Stretched ill google the scan thanks
    Just make sure that you research this as starvation mode may not be what you think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fat 2 Fit Radio

this site is awesome for working out your BMR and what you need to get out of a plateau, fabulous podcasts with so much information! sometimes increasing your calories will lose more weight, sounds wrong, but works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cakester69 View Post
    Have tyou ever noticed BL do not do body composition scans, body fat testing ect. The reason for this is because these people are losing lots of muscle during there weightloss. They may WEIGHT less but what they are keeping on there body is a higher percentage of fat and flab. 1200 calories and heaps of exercise will work for a while til your body realises. If you were in a coma a hospital would feed you at your bmr ( basal metabolic rate) to maintain your weight. Eating just 1200 calories is not enough for the exercising body to survive, it leaves it making choices about what bodily functions are needed and not needed and thats why when you get sick and your dieting it can take much longer to recover.

I truely believe this 1200 or less mentality is what is causing part of the weightloss problems- it restrictive, leads to failure if not planning correctly. then when your weightloss stalls, it leads to a feeling of failure and many people give up saying " i have tried and it didnt work" there are many ways to get out of a platuea- but eating more, above your BMR for a few weeks will help ( you may gain a little but it will then start coming off when your metabolism is working better), Eat 6 meals a day small meals combining protien, friut and veg and some good oils( eating regularly makes your metabolism fire up), Mix up your exercise, make sure you are having a rest day ( you cannot exercise properly on 800 calories day)

Kangaskippys link will really help if you take the time to listen and read, very very helpful, healthy and sustained weightloss info

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DALLASMUM For This Useful Post:

BazzasMum  (20-04-2012),Bexta  (20-04-2012),Kangaskippy  (20-04-2012),Misheycat  (20-04-2012),trishalishous  (21-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to disagree a little here. I think that people need to find their own 'magic' number and the whole 1200 across the board is a load of crap...for sure. For some their magic number may be 1400 for another it might be 900 whatever works for the individual.

Watching biggest loser I used to think that too, that they'd be losing all this muscle and yes they'd be skinnier but it would comprise mostly of fat. But have you see what they do? Have you seen the weight work they do? There is no way, while you're working your muscles and actually getting physically stronger than your muscles eat away. It doesn't work like that. If you're using your muscles then how can they be being eaten away at the same time? I'm proving it myself, the change in my body is phenominal, I'm toning and getting stronger and my calories are quite low and my body is using the ketones as fuel as my body burns fat, it's not using muscle, it can't be - or I would be a weakling and unable to lift 40kgs on the seated press, or squat 12kgs plus body weight and working up. So it can't be as simple as...go under some generic magic number and your body starts to panic, really the human body is a lot smarter than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Depends on your size & how much you want to loose.

For me it's 1200 per day for 2 weeks than down to 1000.
    For DH it's 1800 than down to 1500.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Omg how can u survive on so little calories a day!!! That's like 4000 -6000 kjs a day! Don't u all feel starving!!!! I just worked out on my iPhone app I eat at least 2000-2500 cal (or 10,000kj) a day eeekkkk def over daily recommendation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I prefer to cut out all soft drinks, chips, biscuits etc. I suppose around 1500-1600 cals a day. Any less than that and I'm STARVING!
    I don't know how the biggest losers can stand it.