+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Types of FET Cycles?

My first stim cycle has come to and end and I will soon have a BT to confirm my ugly BFN, which I know already as I POAS and have AF..

Can anyone give me a heads up on what might be next?

What are the different types of FET cycles that are done?

What types of meds are used for FET cycles and what are the common side effects?

If I can do a natural cycle FET how do they find out when O day is?

Are there any internal exams with FET cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi dreamin,

I'm sorry to hear you got af.. Sucks doesn't it.. I got a neg today on hpt so I too am looking into our next plan of attack.. I've never done a fet either!

Sorry I can't be of help! But def subscribing!

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Sorry for your BFN.

There are medicated & unmedicated FET cycles.

Yes you will need internal scans done as this is how they will check your lining, follicles etc.

For unmedicated FET cycles I would assume they would do scans to check for when you will be ovulating and possibly blood tests as well.

I can only tell you about my experience which was a medicated FET. I was on quite a number of medications (not sure if all doctors do this or whether mine just liked to cover all bases). I was on Letrozole (for ovulating-like Clomid), Diabex, Progynova, Prednisone, Aspirin & Clexane injections plus progesterone pessaries after transfer (think that was everything). Oh and I also had a Pregnyl injection to trigger ovulation plus I had a few more of these after transfer.

Lots of different side effects-hot flushes, headaches, nausea but not as bad as when I did a Stim cycle. Pregnyl can mimic pregnancy symptoms which was hard!

Best of luck. My FET resulted in the beautiful little baby boy I am currently cuddling xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FET was a natural one. Like summastarlet said they still do scans to check your lining and follicle growth. For me once I got to a certain point I did BT's every 2nd day to check for ov. I also had to do opk's from CD10. Transfer and then tww. No medications. Sometimes they can prescribe progesterone in the TWW if you have a issue with that part of your cycle but mostly your on your own.

They usually do natural FET if you have no cycle problems and are regularly Ov'ing each month.

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summa- your so blessed!!

Does anyone know what the success rates are for fet??

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jessesgirl - sorry to hear about your neg.

Summastarlet - the amount of meds you mentioned sounds a bit overwhelming, congrats on your cuddly bub, wish I could steal a cuddle..

Jacklicky - a natural FET is what I'm hoping for but I am normally irregular so I hope they let me, as far as I know I O each cycle.. What is opk's?

So the cycle length should be as long as what you normally have? Not almost 2mths like a stim cycle?

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only doing my first FET, but I'm not sure if it counts as medicated or not as I am only taking Progynova for my lining?

I have to take 2mg Progynova Day 2-8, then 4mg Day 9-12
    I go in for a scan on CD12 and I guess they see how thick my lining is and go from there? I was told that the Progynova will most likely withold ovulation which I am bummed about because I figured I would have double chance with my own ovulation and a FET, but oh well!

I don't understand why they have put me on Progynova though because I don't have a problem with lining?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I have done 6 FETs and that's the only time we have had any success even though they have not continued-two chemicals and one miscarriage.

I have done three natural cycles where you go for an internal scan around day 10 or 11 depending when you normally ov and then blood tests to see your levels which tells them when you are going to ovulate. Then they schedule the transfer the number of days after that your emby is - ie 2,3 or 5 day blasty. Then there is no luteal support, just rely on your natural cycle. OR they can give you crinone for support up to day of BT.

One of the medicated ones was using hcg injections to regulate hormones and thicken lining. A trigger to ovulate so they can pin point exact day, do transfer on appropriate day. Then pregnyl injections 3 x three days apart then BT 5 days after last pregnyl. Pregnyl shows false negative so it has to get out of your system before BT.

The last cycle I had a whole hormone replacement - ethanyl estrodel tabs (estrogen) from day 2 if cycle, with no trigger as you dint produce any eggs. They scan to check lining thickness and once thick enough, start crinone then trsf appropriate day. Have to continue estrogen tabs and crinone till 9 or 10 weeks if successful. This type of cycle is normally done for those that do not ov or are very irregular as it replaces your natural cycle completely. We did it as we have had so many fails and have unexplained infertility.

This last cycle we have had a BFP but I've had a bleed so not sure what's happening. FETs are less stressful as you don't have the fear of hyperstimulation and your body is more relaxed, less stressed. I prefer FETs to freshies.

All the best! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dreamin - yes cycle length is normally either your natural cycle or medicated which is regulated. So not normally long.

Disney - I would assume they have you taking this to make sure your lining is great and not just relying on natural. I believe it would be a good thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all
    I have had 1 natural FET and currently on what was meant to be a natural FET. First one a few scans and blood tests before transfer. This time, I havent O'd for some reason - so on Clomid to help along. I will also be having 2 progesterone shots day of transfer and a few days later. I have also been doing acupuntcure for about 4 weeks too. Another BT tomorrow to see if transfer is soon

Wishing you all lots of positive thoughts on your journey