+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow ... just goes to show huh? People we entrust our lives and our future babies lives aren't always right. Thank goodness your doctor misunderstood you and sent you for another scan! Please keep us posted and keep positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry, I couldn't read and not post.
    I have never personally gone through this so I don't think I would be much help.
    Just wanted to send you many many ::Hugs::

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, this is what happened with my first pregnancy (and you'll see from my sig that one turned out well!). Because I was straight off the pill my dates weren't 100% so when they first scanned me at what they thought was 8-10 weeks and found nothing they were very doom and gloom, then finally a week later they found a sac but nothing in it which measured around 4.5 weeks, then a week later bub could be seen inside measuring 5.5 weeks - so my first scan was barely a week and a half after conception!

With the bub I lost the first ultrasoundist was terrible - very not-thorough - so I was left feeling "what if she just missed the heartbeat?". I also refused to go back to that place for my second scan and while the next scan didn't have good news, her thouroughness assured me that bub was gone for sure.

It sounds like it just waiting time for you now. I hope this is going to be a good news story for you and you know that whatever the outcome (and during the heartbreaking wait) you have lots of support here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please keep us updated. Best of luck xx I hope that the dates are just wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone.
    My friend has told me to keep an open mind so like Karisha posted I am going to try my best! I had the first blood test today and I am having another Monday.

I think my poor hubby is in denial. He doesn't really want to talk much he is exhausted though poor thing, fell asleep at 8 last night.

I am going to try and keep myself busy with work and getting organised for Easter, so hopefully I won't go crazy thinking all the time.

Thanks for your story Stretched... hopefully I will get a positive result like you. I am hoping this lady was right and my dates are all muddled too.

Mal xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Oh wow ... just goes to show huh? People we entrust our lives and our future babies lives aren't always right. Thank goodness your doctor misunderstood you and sent you for another scan! Please keep us posted and keep positive!
    First Time Mummy my husband is sooo angry at the first place. He just can't believe how I was treated in comparison to the 2nd place. The first place is negligent in his book!

Just got a call from my obstetrician he is making an official complaint about the firt scan place I went to. The treated me terribly both times and did some things they shouldn't done. I am so glad he is doing this. I wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through this.
    Last edited by Mallie; 30-03-2012 at 19:08. Reason: more info

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so good that your OB is going to report them. It saves you the stress of reporting it all - on top off all this stress you are already going through. It must be a big help to have a good OB through all of this, while my 1st OB was not perfect, I am so happy that he never, ever rushed anything when the scans were showing nothing/just a sac. Good luck keeping busy and keeping your mind off it all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Update

Hi Everyone
    I had another scan done today and it is much better news!

They found the gestational sac had grown to 21mm and inside they found the yolk sac, fetal pole and baby!

I am measuring 5 week and 5 days at the moment. There was no heartbeat but she said that is ok. I have another scan booked in for next Friday morning.

We are feeling much better about it.. not 100% out of the woods yet though as the gestational sac is a weird shape but much more hopeful.

Keep your fingers crossed for us and thank you for your support xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallie View Post
    Hi Everyone
    I had another scan done today and it is much better news!

They found the gestational sac had grown to 21mm and inside they found the yolk sac, fetal pole and baby!

I am measuring 5 week and 5 days at the moment. There was no heartbeat but she said that is ok. I have another scan booked in for next Friday morning.

We are feeling much better about it.. not 100% out of the woods yet though as the gestational sac is a weird shape but much more hopeful.

Keep your fingers crossed for us and thank you for your support xx
    oh Yayyyyy!

I'm sooo relieved for you that all looks good for now ... I'm sure it'll be fine.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Mallie  (04-04-2012)

earthfairy is offline Winner 2009 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    In Antarctica for 12 months.... I mean Tassie!!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    This is such fantastic news to read!!!

I have everything crossed for you

EF x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to earthfairy For This Useful Post:

Mallie  (04-04-2012)