+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to send you some hugs as I went through the same thing myself only last month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Mallie,

I am so sorry for your loss & sending you heaps of hugs I feel devestated for you reading your post as the same thing only just happened to me in Jan this year & it was heartbreaking. My DH was away for work at the same time too which was hard but came back the following day as I wasn't coping very well & had a d&c the next day.

My doctor was awesome & gave me the choice to wait for it to happen naturally or do the d&c. Because I had a missed m/c (my hcg kept going up but body didn't realise that bub was no longer there) my doct thought that d&c would be best becuase I had no bleeding or cramping & she said that it could take awhile for my body to realise what had happened. She also said that a d&c was kinder on my body as i wouldn't be passing any of the sac/tissue.

I was terrified too about having the d&c done but after going through it, it was really good...as much as it can be in that situation. It didn't hurt at all apart from some minor cramping but nothing worse than a period. I was more worried about being put under becuase I had never had surgery before...the doctors & nurses were really good/understanding about it & it all went well.

I'm so sorry you're going through this & I'm glad your DH is coming back to be with you.

If I can give any advice, please take time away from everything...

If you want any details about the d&c, please ask or PM me & I'll let you know. Also, if you just need to talk/vent, let us know, there are so many lovely ladies on here who have been through the same thing. I found it helpful to talk to others who've been through the same thing.

I am glad I went with that option & only had light bleeding for a few days.

Thinking of you & sending you heaps of hugs. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanting to send you a big hug. Take into account that this painful time will go away soon and you'll have plenty of joy. Take care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just wanted to stop in and give big Sorry to hear your news.

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pretty much the same experience this time last year. I was off work at the time, but was due to start in a new position when I would have been 12 weeks. I scheduled a d+c for 11 weeks because I did not miscarry by that time.

Although relatively safe, a d+c does carry a very small margin of risk both to you and your future fertility. Make sure you are fully informed of all possible outcomes, no matter how unlikely, before you make a decision. There is the option of waiting as well as the use of Misoprostal (a drug) to induce labour to consider as options. All have their own pros and cons.

There is no easy way to get through this. Good luck op. I am sorry you lost your baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated View Post
    Although relatively safe, a d+c does carry a very small margin of risk both to you and your future fertility.
    Hi Opinionated

As a human anatomy student I'm about 99.9% certain that a D&C can not effect infertility. If anything you are at your most fertile in the first three months after a D&C. The only way a D&C could cause infertility is Asherman syndrome which is extremely rare as it is. You're more likely to get struck by lightning twice

Anyways I hope you don't mind my saying so as I am not trying to be smart or anything like that. Just want OP to be well informed and comfortable about making her decision. You are right that everything has it's pros and cons but for the most part a D&C is the "easiest".

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss - I also never though I would go through anything like this, i also suffered a missed miscarriage and it is so heartbreaking to feel pregnant but know that you are not. One of the hardest things is some of the well intended but equally heartbreaking advice - especially from people who do not share your experience.

I opted for a D&C as bub's heartbeat would have stopped at 7 weeks but at 9.5 weeks the sac was still growing, levels going up and it didn't look like anything was going to move naturally for a long time yet. I needed to stop feeling morning sickness etc asap since I couldn't use the "at least I know I'm still pregnant" excuse to cope with it all - plus with DD and a DH who is also not home a lot I did not want to go through a natural MC potentially on my own with a 3 year old looking on asking what was happening.

There ARE risks though and I am now suspicious I could be one of the very, very small percentage who suffer one of the side effects that does negatively impact fertility. For me I am yet to confirm it (giving TTC one more go, then going in for tests if no joy) but if you google "uterine adhesions from D&C" you will see that there are some risks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Opinionated  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    There ARE risks though and I am now suspicious I could be one of the very, very small percentage who suffer one of the side effects that does negatively impact fertility. For me I am yet to confirm it (giving TTC one more go, then going in for tests if no joy) but if you google "uterine adhesions from D&C" you will see that there are some risks.

Aww stretched I'm so sorry that you're having such problems TTC. Like anything of course there are minute risks but I have been assured by my OB and GP and my studies of course that it is so rare that it really is unfortunate if you end up having a side effect that has effected your fertility

I really really hope that all is clear for you Stretched and you'll be carrying your little bundle in no time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Thank you for all the hugs and kind words and words of support. We have a tough day today which was very confusing...
    we went to the doctors in the morning and he misunderstood me and thought I wanted another scan to double check there was no baby and before I knew it he had booked us in for one. I just went with it because I was too upset to cause a fuss.

So we went to a different ultrasound place (and the first people were horrible and I will never in my life step foot in there again) and the lady was lovely and explained everything as she was going but she gave us some very confusing news.

Basically she thinks I am very early pregnant like 4 weeks pregnant and that is why nothing is showing up on the scan. She said the gestational sac is only 14mm which would indicate roughly 4 weeks. She said it looked good and it is where it should be and there is no blood around it. It has grown since my first scan 12 days ago.

I haven't had any bleeding, cramping or pain so basically we just have to wait and see what happens and if the pregnancy is viable.

I have to have a blood test tomorrow and another Monday then get those results Monday afternoon. The following Monday I will have another scan.

We are so confused and now probably even more scared.. we don't know what to think and waiting is so hard.

My husbands work will let him stay home until Wednesday but then he has to go back to work so I will need to go to the other scan alone.

Gosh this has been so up and down for the past 2 days

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a very confusing time for you. Big hugs. Its good you have hubby's support - but now the waiting game. I guess you are hoping for the obvious, just as we all are so fingers crossed. My suggestion although not one you may want to hear is prepare for the worse - tell yourself your not pregnant - believe that so if you find out its not meant to be you don't have to suffer through all that raw emotion then again. And fingers crossed you get the all is well and a positive sign which is what we are crossing our fingers and toes for.
    What a horrible ultrasound place you went to originally - and how nice you found a supportive sonograher sp? That could explain things in plain English and give you a better understanding of the situation.
    I hope all is well, will progress well and in 9 months time you will look back and laugh at this very difficult time. Please me keep me updated - my thoughts are with you xoxox