+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default so upset

I found out I was pregnant on the 6th of March and the doctor booked me in for a scan on the 19th (6 weeks) at the scan they couldn't find anything but the sac so they told me to wait another 10 days and to have blood tests. I had the blood tests and the levels kept going up.

Today I had the second scan and they looked for ages but couldn't find anything again but the sac. They have told me that there is no baby.

I can't stop crying. I don't know what is going to happen next and I really didn't ask the doctor much today because I was so upset.

My husband is flying home from work tonight, which I am so thankful for.

Please help me understand what will happen/ what I need to do

thanks
    Mal xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't go past without sending a reply and giving you big hugs. While never personally have I suffered a MC I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason and that maybe a higher power needed your baby as an angel and that that same higher power has a plan - perhaps another baby down the track with a bright healthy and happy future who will
    Make their mark in the world. I'm glad your husband will be with you soon to help in your time of need. All the best xoxo hugs

futureherder is offline Child led parent here...save me :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was in a similar situation. it sucks and I am sorry this is happening. I chose to miscarry naturally which took a long time 1 month to miscarry. Your other option is a dnc. Pm if you want more details regarding a natural miscarriage. In my first two scans there was no 'baby' however at my later scan there was but no heartbeat I am so sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so sorry for your loss ..

I found out I had a missed miscarriage at 11 weeks. My baby had died at 6 weeks. Because my bubba held on for over 5 weeks without a heartbeat, my OB decided that a D&C would be the best way to go as it didn't look likely that i would miscarry anytime soon and to be honest, I wanted it to be over with so I could start grieving.

Let us know how you go.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    *hugs* *hugs* *hugs*

I'm so sorry I found out at my 12 week scan that my first pregnancy had just never developed

I had to have a D&C due to some elevated levels. It's over pretty quick and painless its your heart that takes time to heal *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for your kind words and support.

It just doesn't feel real or fair!

We are seeing another doctor today to decide what to do but I am unsure/ scared about having a D&C. I have never even been in hospital before and I am terrified of needles.

I feel so confused

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mallie View Post
    thank you for your kind words and support.

It just doesn't feel real or fair!

We are seeing another doctor today to decide what to do but I am unsure/ scared about having a D&C. I have never even been in hospital before and I am terrified of needles.

I feel so confused
    I can imagine that having a D&C would be scary but as my sister told me at the time of my D&C, a natural miscarriage for her was so much more emotionally scarring and not to mention how painful (physically) it is too .. sorry

A D&C is done super quick and you'd just be a day patient. So you'll go in and they'll prep you for the procedure. If you're terrified of needles I've heard they can give you something to calm you for the needle part and will then put you to sleep. You'll wake up within about half hour maybe feeling a little groggy but other than that ok. You'll have a bit of bleeding over the next couple of days after which is normal and then you have your HCG levels monitored to be sure they're going down and no left over tissue is present in your uterus.

I hope that explains it a little better. Of course everyone is different to how they choose to approach the situation and ultimately the choice is yours. Best of luck and please keep us posted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

MuminMind  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mallie, I completely agree with what FirstTimeMummy2012 said above.

I had a missed miscarriage which ended in a D&C and then a "natural" miscarriage, and I found the normal MC to be a lot harder, physically and emotionally. I was really destroyed after it.

Of course no path is the "easy" path, but a D&C is over quickly, while you're asleep and you don't have any pain and minimal bleeding. And yes, they can give you something to relax you if you're afraid of needles.

Sorry you are going through this, it is so horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    so sorry for your loss.