+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Emotional bride

So, I'm the luckiest girl ever. Got a great man, my one true love, have an 11 month old via ivf and a donor egg from my sister. So feeling very happy and very blessed. How do I get through my wedding vows without blubbering like an idiot. A few tears are expected but I'm worried it will turn into a sobbing mess... Please help with your advice to hold it all together. Thanks

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A very practical approach is to put your tongue to the roof of your mouth. It usually gives you enough time to either calm down or walk away! (So hopefully calm down in your circumstance!) It does something to the tear ducts maybe?!? I don't know how it works, but someone recommended it to me and I tried it and it works!I use it all the time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ummmm Ill be no help I blubbered from the top of the aisle till we said 'I do'. Looked like I was there against my will lol. Wasn't expecting that huge rush of emotions. Maybe being prepared like you are it may not hit you as hard... maybe.

I hope you are given useful advice

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    So, I'm the luckiest girl ever. Got a great man, my one true love, have an 11 month old via ivf and a donor egg from my sister. So feeling very happy and very blessed. How do I get through my wedding vows without blubbering like an idiot. A few tears are expected but I'm worried it will turn into a sobbing mess... Please help with your advice to hold it all together. Thanks
    For me to avoid that exact situation (I was 3 months pregnant too... Pregnancy hormones much?!) I had to not look at DH directly for almost the WHOLE ceremony! I'm sure it looked like I was, we were standing side by side holding hands but if I did glance his way I had to look at his ear or something because I would just break out into an extremely hormonal mess rofl.

I regret that, I missed the look in his eyes during our ceremony and I wish I hadn't. I see it in photos now, but I wish I'd seen it then too . That's what waterproof makeup is for .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This may sound very unromantic but it worked for me!

Go through your vows, read any readings, say them outloud time and time again. It will take some of the raw emotion out of it so it wont be so fresh.

Also dont look at anyone, especially mums!, that tends to cry easily as it will set you off.

In saying that I always think it looks nice when a bride cries, just not hiccup crying!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if this will help but I suffer anxiety and was horrified I would have an attack during the ceremony so for a couple of hours leading up I put rescue under my tongue (anxiety reliever get it at chemist) and I was shocked at how calm I was!!! Honestly I was so composed and everyone commented how calm and happy I looked n looked so confident it was a god sent! I did. It have a nervous flutter in my stomach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Make sure you wear waterproof makeup especially mascara! Congratulations, what a wonderful story.

DH and I got married in Jan, our 2 year old was there who was conceived after I had chemo, also our parents had travelled from the uk to be there so it was quite emotional, I managed to hold it together, more than DH in fact! Enjoy the day I dont think your families will mind if you blub, they will be so happy for you they will probably be pretty emotional themselves.
    Hope you have a Wonderful day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow, thankyou so much. Such wonderful and very practical advice. I think there was something in every post that I'm going to try. Your all wonderful!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As per pp read and then re read everything you want to say do it's almost robotic for you. And if you do tear up it's not the end if the world. Your wedding is one of the most emotional days of your life besides having your precious bubs and everyone there will understand that. Just take it as it comes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on your up and coming wedding :cheerleader:

DH and I decided to do normal (the ones the celebrant had) and then got two friends to read out a letter that we had wrote to each other, I'm like you I could not have done them without being a mess.

Good luck Hun