+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I don't give my real post code, my kids names and I have put up photos in the reveal thread but I remove them after about 2 hours.I try to be careful and no I don't think it's paranoid. As we all know recent events of the member that was dobbed on to her workplace and lost her job bc of stuff she had on here really cements that.
    I didn't know about that but it's the kind of stuff that I think is a worry
    when posting online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I found out last year that someone I knew had discovered who I was and didn't tell me for nearly 2 years. I felt awful. I would NEVER post my kids names as they are quite identifiable and I've changed how much info I give out since then.
    We have since moved on and are still friends though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    90% of my fb friends are from here. I am alot more careful what i write these days and generally wont pry into anyone life unless asked to either.

I dont go on fb much these days. Have even slowed down on uploading photos on there. Most of my photos of my son now from another hubber on fb lol.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty open on here! I would be easily identified if anyone wanted to.

I'm really just not that interesting though! Lol. I don't really have anything overly private in my life that I don't want anyone to know.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm an open person, I do and have ask on here advise some may see as tmi but I will talk about almost anything irl I don't see on line being that much different

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dont mind if people know what town I live in. I dont mind if people know what I look like. I do not see how and why people would use this info against me to harass me.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive been on the hub since 2008 and had to get a new profile after being harrased by an upset ex of a hubber and an ex-hubber (there was a big group of us that copped it).

I dont feel like I reveal too much but at the same time its hard not to over so many posts and details of your life, im sure if someone wanted to 'put together' who I was they probably could? All at least built a 'profile' of who I was IYKWIM?

I am not so much worried about hubbers (I have quite a few on my FB) but I am worried about visitors - if you look at the main forum page you always see 300 member online and 1500 visitors online (or some other number that is really high ratio of visitors to members).

If my home business becomes full time I would remove my link to it in the marketstall section but thats probably about it. MY FB friends list is hidden and I have reduced the amount I post on there anyway. I did have an FB profile for BH only, but it was way too hard to keep up with.

ETA: and noone that I know IRL knows me on the hub that I know of?

bellalika is offline I'm trying my hardest, please don't ask for more.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently asked for one of my threads to be deleted. It was, but is still on cache in the Internet. It will disappear over time.

The thread was incredibly helpful to me. I've copied parts of it and saved it in a document. However, over time, I had revealed not only my emotions and situation, but also a lot of identifying things about my partner and I. It wouldn't have taken much for someone to figure out who we are. I also deleted pictures from past "reveal yourself" threads.

I am a very open and honest person by nature. I tend to let all sorts of information spill put without a second thought. It never bothered me until recently.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bellalika For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post

ETA: and noone that I know IRL knows me on the hub that I know of?
    You hope not anyway

I did have to get a new profile after FOB started stalking me. Yet he's now re-married and has finally moved on. Everything is quiet on that front right now.
    So Im not concerned. Even if he does want to stalk me again, I will simply go to the cops and get him arrested for breaching his AVO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I changed usernames after googling my old one and coming up with heaps of threads. All together like that it seemed like a lot of info about me, some way too personal and I was suddenly very uncomfortable. Like a pp said, sometimes it easy to think of this as a private forum and forget its all searchable on google.

I also found threads I had posted on here had been copied and pasted and posted elsewhere. Not to be mean. But in a 'discuss' way. It was rather confronting and weird.

Now I try not to post anything identifiable, or too personal. I try not to post about family and friends and I don't post photos or names.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

babyla  (28-03-2012),Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)