+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Think breaks are sometimes necessary in order for us as parents to be able to give our children the best part of us.

I am extremely lucky that I have wonderful inlaws who absolutely dote on our children and often offer to take them.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkandSandy View Post
    I have never had a break from either if mine. They are 16 months apart.

There are times I have been desperate, and called my mum to see if she can help me for a night (she lives about 90mins away) and she is always busy, doing nothing!

Even DH is pretty useless, very unsupportive when it comes to needing my own time. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We don't have family where we live. Twice my friend has taken ds1 for a few hours when I was having a terrible time with him during the terrible 3's (glad that age has passed) but that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What do parents do when they need a break but don't have the means to have one? Single, no family or friends to help out, respite always falls through? What do parents do to stay sane and not snap?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a fantastic mother who helps me a lot with the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    What do parents do when they need a break but don't have the means to have one? Single, no family or friends to help out, respite always falls through? What do parents do to stay sane and not snap?
    Get some fresh air. I get the kids out of the house and take them to the park or go for a walk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Get some fresh air. I get the kids out of the house and take them to the park or go for a walk.
    I play with the animals, but it can be over bearing with some people. Will start a new thread for idea sharing later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Don't feel bad about asking for help. Kids are relentless sometimes.

I work 3 days a week, and did go to the gym a lot before I had morning sickness so they were my breaks. Outside of that, if I was desperate, then my partner would take our son out for a few hours or something.

We don't have family close by, unfortunately. If my inlaws lived close, I would ask them to have my son for a few hours a week so my partner and I could see a movie or have dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Kids go to MIL on Tuesday's & Thursdays. MIL has been on holidays this week & I'm dying for her to take them tomorrow.

I'll have to do is ring & she'll be here ASAP.

I'm a much better parent for having a brake.

Cause I haven't had a brake this week, I'm ready to kill J if he doesn't stop being a fool & eat his dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF and help each other out, all either of has to do is ask for a little time alone and we make it work around jobs/cleaning and all that jazz.