+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you get a break from your children/ do you ever ask for a break?

I'm having a tough day, not feeling well and DD took a long time to get to sleep. Have asked my parents to have her just for 1 night so I can get my head straight, I have never asked for this before. Do you get a break or ever need one? I know some friends of mine have their children looked after by family a few times a week! So new to me. Then I wonder how my mum did it with me and my brother. She had no one to help and my dad work away alot. Am I weak asking for a break?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I beg for breaks, but dd was in school before my mum took her without me being there. It is very irregular and generally unplanned, but she has stayed at my mum's place a few times now and is nearly 9.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No, you're strong for asking for help.

You'll be an even more awesome mum once you're rested.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlissedOut For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (28-03-2012),Cleigh  (28-03-2012),Madame Mayhem  (28-03-2012),MissMuppet  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Firstly, you are not weak, if you need a break you are sensible for thinking of taking one. Personally I have never had one, the first time I was away from DD1 overnight was when I was in hospital to have DD2. But we dont have family here and it isnt important enough to me to leave the kids with a stranger. Everyone is different, I have friends who had to go out to dinner without baby for a break when he was 2 wks old, and while it makes no sense to me, it was obviously important to them so so be it. Do what you need, you are lucky to have family willing and able to do that for you.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, you are not weak asking for a break. We all need a break every now and again
    I rarely get them (maybe twice a year i get a night off and i get a few hours here and there when DH is home, which is hardly ever). DH works away a lot, i have no family and my in-laws are happy to help me out but are also very busy so often can't. I also hate asking so i tend to save it for when i'm really, really struggling and needed a break weeks ago.
    I would love to have a break every week - what a dream.
    I give myself 'breaks' by letting my kids watch a tv show or i sit and read outside while they ride bikes. I also have an early bedtime for them so that i can have some time to myself in the evenings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do, reguarlly. I either have my mum or my boyfriend watch DD while I train for and play soccer 3 times a week

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My break is when i goto the gym, or bootcamp or zumba.

Around an hour x afternoon/evenings a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Atm yes quite often. As from May, i wont as i lose that support network i have. Granted he is in school and i am on bludge week waiting for placement to start, I wont once i find suitable work, i am lapping this week up and enjoying it.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well i work 4 days a week so consider that as my break from hom,e and home is my break from work. but DP and I decided that we would take 1 day a month off where his mum picks up DS first thing in the morning and brings him back after dinner so DP and I can have a 'date day'.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum and step dad love having the kids. Normally it's them telling me to bring the kids up for the day or a sleep over

And then I have my sister whom is always wanting my girls for the day or night

I love my family