+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have. I was never peer pressured!

I was very depressed and they made me feel happy and alive. I never drank alcohol though because it didn't give me any type of buzz it just made me feel worse.

I always knew the dangers, I think everyone does. I don't regret any of it. Part of It was the best years of my life but I don't condone it and I'm happy to have moved on with my life without "needing" the highs.
    Last edited by waterlily; 29-03-2012 at 05:19.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah. Just tried em out of curiousity. I didnt bother with pills. I went straight to the substances you could smoke. Funnily enough Ive never tried pot.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heartjb For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did the stuff I did because I didnt care.

I was an intelligent teenager, knew about peer pressure, knew what these drugs could do to me. Before I remember thinking to myself 'this one hit here, this could kill me, are you prepared to die tonight?' and I was. People that have read my posts and know my past will understand, I just didnt care, live, die, meh, not bothered, at least I might feel something if I died.

The worst drug I did was in a horrid flat of my boyfriend's mates, with 8 other guys all doing it. So many bad things could have happened.

These days I won't touch anything, not even cigarettes. I want to live. I thank God all the time for keeping me safe and protecting me from myself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GothChick For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks all for your replies!

I am actually very surprised by the variety of substances that have been mentioned. I sort of expected a few people to say pot, maybe one or two speed, and that's it, you know?

This might sound really dense, but I hadn't really considered that people might do it for the effect (chasing the high, so to speak). It never occurred to me that people might LIKE the sensation of being under the influence of something, because I personally hate it so much.

AFM, all of my friends did various drugs throughout high school. They could never tell me WHY though. I have tried pot once, and it did not end well. So I highly doubt I will ever try another drug in this lifetime.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, and providing some insight. I can't say I agree with anyone's decision to use, but that is their decision alone and nothing to do with me.

Thanks again for your input

Thanks
    Reviews
    GothChick

Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This time last year TTC wasn't working dh hated me for taking the fun out of our bd life I hated that I was giving it everything and he was over it. I smoked pot once and a pot butter cookie a couple weeks after and drank heavily for about two months. There was no peer pressure my in laws provided all of it lol so I felt safe but it didn't get me anywhere so I stopped. Personally I'd been brought up to fear drugs so I was so concerned I was going to die the whole time it was no fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, pills, coke, speed, another type of pill they called a trip? I don't know, I remember seeing Easter bunnies and hallucinating... Hysterically laughing and absolutely crying my eyes out at the same time.. Was a weird sensation.

Funnily enough I've never done pot.. And never want to. The thought of smoking just disgusts me and I've never had any desire to..

Peer pressure... No. I was genuinely curious and had some friends who were into it, so it was fairly easy to get my hands on. I hated drinking and having a hang over, so would do drugs instead. It was a great way to numb a few memories and forget about life.

I mostly did pills, I couldn't count the times... But enjoyed them so much that even now I have the desire to go back to that life style. I never ever would, it was killing me, and i have way too much to lose now... but that trace of "addiction" so to speak still lingers every day.

Do I regret it..... No not at all.. It's made me who I am today. I never would have met dp, I never would have stopped if it weren't for him.

I have the best memories... Although it is easy to forget the bad memories... Taking too much and passing out on the floor in a night club bathroom, having a male friend have to come in and carry me out. So embarrassing.. I think that was my low point and when ever I think about the fun times, I try to think of that one night and the events that led me there.

Things turned out well considering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was addicted to heroin for 7 years. And used many other substances in that time.

Honestly, I first used them because drugs can be fun. That's why people like them so much and keep going back.

Decision making process: I'm naturally a bit of a cynic, and didn't trust other people's opinions about how "bad" drugs are. I was willing to try them myself.

Harmful Effects: My idea of risk now is much more conservative than it was when I was a young adult. So no, where I would be terrified now of o'd'ing, or the legal ramifications, I wasn't as a 19-20 y.o.

Peer Pressure: No, I had to seek out the drugs I wanted.

Regret: Yes and No. I spent 7 years chasing drugs, it was fun some of the time, but became an increasingly miserable existence. To think of the other things I could have done with such time, effort and money.
    But I am who I am because of where I have been, so on the whole, probably not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep. I'm not going to name them, but I've done my fair share of 'experimenting'.

I started as a teen, it was definitely more of a coping thing because I was going through things. A couple of my friends actually tried to get into it with me but I wouldn't let them.

Later on I did other things because my new friends were doing it. One of them overdosed in front of us all one night and we had to call 000. That was enough for me.

It was stupid and that one night really kicked me into reality. Feels like a whole other life ago now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    let's just say i've lived an exciting life......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast