+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep.

Why? Because I could. I'd not done anything until that point, and I was going through a pretty dodgy time... and on our way out for a night out, a friend said, "btw, we do this, and this is our bit of peer pressure to get you to do it too." He meant it light-heartedly, but he didn't have to talk me into anything... I was eager to give it a go.

It was amazing, and in all honesty, I can see why people get addicted. I've never felt as amazing as I did while on those pills.

Sometimes, I even wish I could go do it again. It took all my worries and fears away, and I was just happy and content and confident.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have tried quite a few, pot, coke, acid, mushrooms,e. Would never try needle drugs. I did it because I was curious, and it was what my friends and boyfriend at the time were into. I didn't want to be the straight loser in the corner while my friends were having a blast but I was in no way pressured, I completely chose to myself. Now I am a mum I wouldn't do them again but I'm glad I got that stage out of my system.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've tried quite a few things... But I was always one of those ppl who would cut drug users completely out of my life before hand... N I've tried coke, pot, eccies, speed, ketamine...

What was the decision process like in deciding to try it?
    Well as I said above I HATED ppl who did it... N 5mths into a relationship I found out my bf was on speed...this resulted in a MAJOR fight about it all and he said one statement that changed my life "how can you judge someone for doing something you know nothing about nor what reaction it actually has with them..that's as good as being a homophobe"
    So my decision process was probably a lot diff to others... I actually reseached into speed and eccies for nearly a month on wat it did wat could go wrong and why etc etc

Did the potential for harmful effects enter into the equation?
    Of course! I knew ALL potential risks when I tried it! I tried the smallest amt possible to see wat happened and I made sure I was with someone I knew would look after me if something started to go wrong... Plus wat to look out for.

Was peer pressure a factor?
    In hind sight hell yes...but I made my own mind up in the end

Do you regret the decision?
    No. I don't regret my decision....but having said that my experiences went on for a cpl yrs coz it was so much cheaper than alcohol. But it definitely changed who I am as a person to an extreme...in both good and bad ways. I was also a lucky one. I decided to stop and that was it for me never touched it again. I wouldn't touch anything these days for many reasons.

I do however hope that my kids don't feel the need to do wat I did... The things that go in them now are so much worse than they used to be..and things that go into it now r even worse than the bad stuff when I was 18.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sasssssy For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    yeah weed and speed. My bf and a lot of those girls take drugs most weekends, I personally chose not to as don't feel I have to. did however try speed once at a music festival which was awesome but wouldn't do it again in a hurry.
    it wasn't peer pressure at all as my bf understands It's not something I do I was just curious I guess and I'm glad I tried it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EmPowering For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sure I have tried everything except heroin. The whole lot. And I have never injected. All between the ages of 13 to 19. Why did I try them? It was mostly curiosity about how it would feel. That's all. Not really peer pressure cos I only did it with my two best friends to start with and we didn't know other people doing drugs. I remember it was really rebellious to begin with. I actually stole my dads pot as my first attempt. Did harm enter my mind? No not really with weed. Later with pills and harder drugs it did but at first curiosity won me over, and later just chasing the high. I can't remember the other questions now lol.. Brain damage maybe..I haven't touched drugs in 5 years now and I'm so glad.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Do I regret the decision? I don't know, that time is a big part of me. I learnt a lot, made mistakes and made friends too. The only thing I really regret is that I set a bad example to my younger brother.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    No, have never tried any illegal drugs. No desire to whatsoever. I smoked one cigarette to see what it tasted like and thought it was disgusting so I never did that again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh phew I sent my reply without reading previous ones and after I hit send I was thinking maybe I just over shared !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I have tried a few things in my 20's- pot, speed and meth.

Why- simple curiousity nothing more nothing less.

I wasn't particularly worried about harmful effects as I was with people who did not take anything so if something happened they could have called for help and in all honesty I probably didn't give it a lot of thought beyond this.

Pot never had any effect on me and I tried it many ways and the others were fun but the come down off meth was depressing.

I am still tempted to try one or two but it will never happen now that I have the responsibility of being a parent and one of the drugs that temp me is scary as it is so addictive.

There was no peer pressure, I was never one to succumb to this.

I have no regrets about any of the decisions that I have made in my life including the one to try illicit drugs.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (29-03-2012)

DaddyLarge is offline I put on my robe and wizard hat...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Oh, and nangs, I can't even remember what they are actually called.
    If nangs are the sae where you grew up as where I did, they are just cream charger bulbs filled with nitrous oxide. They haven't made them illegal too, have they?

Ayahuasca is seriously one of my life goals. I won't do it until I have things on this plane pretty much figured out, but I've known and read about a heap of people who rave about it.