+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Have you ever tried illegal drugs? *Potential Trigger Warning*

Have you ever tried illegal drugs? Or do you know someone who has?

I am really, genuinely curious as to why people try them. I just find it really hard to understand.

I am hoping to gain a better insight into what might drive people to dabble in potentially harmful substances.

I guess I am wondering:

What was the decision process like in deciding to try it?

Did the potential for harmful effects enter into the equation?

Was peer pressure a factor?

Do you regret the decision?

Thanks so much for any insight you can offer. I understand that this is a sensitive topic, and really appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ** Slowly raises hand** I have tried smoking at 16 - hated it and never done it since. Dabbled in a little bit of pot from 16 to 18 - see no point as it just makes me fall asleep. I have taken a pill 3 times in my last year of highschool and on my 18th bday - no interest to ever do it again

What was the decision process like in deciding to try it?
    I just wanted to know the effects and what it was like

Did the potential for harmful effects enter into the equation?
    NO

Was peer pressure a factor?
    Not at all - i discontinued use after i tried it

Do you regret the decision?
    No - but that is only because i was lucky. I am well aware it could have easily gone alllll wrong with the decision to just try them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've only ever tried marijuana as a teen. And to this day nothing else.

I wanted to try drugs, I was more the leader of my group and was the one who started drink, smoking and enter to try drugs first.
    My friend's and I spent nights sleeping in the city and drinking and smoking.....
    So not the best kids to start with
    I guess it was made to sound great by older people at school... I loved feeling different by drinking and thought it would be better than drinking. I only smoked it a handful of times and it didn't make me all that different just made me feel happy and weightless. I didn't think the feel was worth smoking .. I though it tasted bad.

Within a year I was no longer friend's with any of the people I used to be, not long after they all became heavy drug users and are all addicts.

Lol sorry I think you ment more taboo drugs.. but just thought I'd share.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to missymoo9 For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Yes. Why? because I was young, curious, wanted to have fun, monkey see monkey do.
    Do I regret it? No, its an experience I've had and put it behind me as my younger years.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (28-03-2012),smootch  (29-03-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes, I took ecstasy when I went out one night just before I met DP.

Deciding to try it: Peer pressure + curiosity. My friend said she was getting a pill for a night out, did I want one? So I said yes...

Did the harmful effects enter into the equation? Yes. I was terrified, as my aunt had a terrible reaction to E when she was a teen. I took 'half' a pill first, then the rest a little bit after.

Yes peer pressure was a factor

Yes I regret the decision. Nothing bad happened but I hate that I let myself put such an unknown nasty substance into my body. Never again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. I smoked pot, tried ecstasy, MDMA, coke and acid.

No peer pressure. General curiosity.

Nothing bad ever happened.
    Last edited by fakingamnesia; 28-03-2012 at 12:54.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fakingamnesia For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (29-03-2012),Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I smoked a fair bit of the mary jane when I was an older teen - mostly because my friends did - but I'm not sure we're meant to talk about this *zips lips*

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (28-03-2012),Maybelline  (29-03-2012),Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, i've done most drugs. I was addicted to speed and Ice when I was in my late teens. I've also done marijuana, ecstacy, LCD, acid, pretty much everythin except crack, cocaine and heroine.

I didn't really succumb to peer pressure, it was more curioisty and because I had a fairly wild party life in my teen years, it was something that was done in the crowd I hung with. Once I was hooked it was easy to ive in to "peer pressure" people would no I was trying to get off the stuff, but would offer it to me, and even my hardest attempts to decline still failed. I had a pretty miserable childhood, I rebelled quite early and the drugs gave me a release, they made me feel better and yes I would take the easy way out of my drama by taking drugs, I used to forget about everything else going on in my life when I was high.

I don't reagret anything, even my addiction, I do believe it has made me stronger, but something that will stick with me forever.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (28-03-2012),twotrunks  (29-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Shoopuf  (28-03-2012)