Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    At no point in the OP did you say the mother was buying them for them.
    Im sorry. Yes the mum buys them the smokes. And sits down with them being a big happy family smoking.

Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    It's not right! It's illegal for a minor to smoke!

REPORT!!!! What a negligent mother! Pitifully disgusting! Those poor children's health!

See, Im sure she is a great mother but I just cant see how letting your children smoke is anything but horrible. I would think that being a mum you should be telling your children not to do it and educating them on WHY you dont want them to smoke. The mum being the smoker should tell them what harm its doing her body and she DOESNT want them to be ruining their body like that.

Im sorry Im just really put off going any further with this new friendshp. Not just because of this, but it just made me gobsmacked.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have once or twice. If more ppl reported it maybe things in society would change! Smoking is a drug, alcohol is a drug it's BAD for children, it's bad for ppl in GENERAL! These are children were talking about, misinformed children who have the WORLD as their oysters!!! Let's not let them throw it down the drain!!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (28-03-2012),Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is disgusting, those poor kids. Report it. It is a criminal offense to provide/sell cigarettes to a minor.

Are they going to think she was a good parent in later years when they might get emphysema/cancer from their smoking?

With all the research on the bad health effects of smoking nowadays there is no excuse in my mind for encouraging the habit in someone; especially if they are not mentally/emotionally able to make a fully informed decision.

Touchy subject for me, I have a family member slowly dying from emphysema due to his smoking habit of previous years. I also had pretty bad asthma growing up so I know how tough it can be when you are struggling to breathe. Hard for me to understand why someone would promote something that can cause breathing problems...lungs don't grow on trees...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (28-03-2012),Cleigh  (28-03-2012),Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Report her!!! Thats disgusting! She is far from a good mother, she sounds like a complete idiot. There is no sane reason why she would be feeding her children smokes.

My mother passed from lung cancer (she never ever smoked) so this is a touchy subject for me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    Im sorry. Yes the mum buys them the smokes. And sits down with them being a big happy family smoking.

See, Im sure she is a great mother but I just cant see how letting your children smoke is anything but horrible. I would think that being a mum you should be telling your children not to do it and educating them on WHY you dont want them to smoke. The mum being the smoker should tell them what harm its doing her body and she DOESNT want them to be ruining their body like that.

Im sorry Im just really put off going any further with this new friendshp. Not just because of this, but it just made me gobsmacked.
    Ok. I would never buy a child cigarettes, nor smoke with them. That's not ok.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (28-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzys Dragon View Post

Touchy subject for me, I have a family member slowly dying from emphysema due to his smoking habit of previous years. I also had pretty bad asthma growing up so I know how tough it can be when you are struggling to breathe. Hard for me to understand why someone would promote something that can cause breathing problems...lungs don't grow on trees...

This is why I get cranky! I was a CHRONIC asthmatic growing up! I lived in and out of hospital I nearly died several times but my drop kick dad smoked A LOT! He did drugs as well! I have NEVER smoked in my entire life! I swear to God I will have my fathers head on a chopping block should I get lung cancer or such from passive smoking. It's another reason why I like an extremely healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    You seem to know alot about what goes on in their home. I thought she was a new facebook friend, or you know them well and witness all this in person on a daily basis??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dad is dead. Smoking killed him. If I ever see a smoke in either of my childrens hands, heaven help the person who supplied them with it, because it sure as hell won't be me.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I hope DOCS has more important things to do then investigate smoking children.
    I would imagine so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Supplying smokes to your children is wrong, but it really isn't an issue that DOCS is going to get involved with I wouldn't think.
    Last edited by Jakois; 28-03-2012 at 13:28.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast