Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    But its not the point them smoking. Its the FACT their mother is buying the smokes for them. I really cant believe of all people BUBHUB dont have a problem with this
    It's not that we are condoning it, personally I think smoking is a disgusting habit but I do think compared to other domestic issues this isn't a big enough deal to be reporting to DOCS IMO.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to brooke88(mum2b09) For This Useful Post:

MissMuppet  (28-03-2012),mummyfox92  (05-04-2012),Pinkzy  (28-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feral!! Letting a 13 year old smoke!
    I know some kids will smoke regardless but using them as rewards for doing things like chores is hardly setting a good example!!!

Would this same mother let her 13 year old get blind drunk?! Take drugs?! Under the whole 'if it's under my roof I know what their doing' guise!

I'd rather educate my children properly about smoking and it's effects then condone it! I'm quite lucky in the regional town we live most of the teens think smoking is disgusting!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaneDoe For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (28-03-2012),Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Maybe she is the kind of parent that would prefer to know what her children are doing rather than hiding it? I smoked at 13 (ew) and by 15 my mum was well aware and had given up telling me off. By 16 I had moved out of home. I don't approve of her withholding cigarettes in exchange for chores etc. That makes them seem like a reward. I do think that calling DOCS is rather extreme.
    Same. Except the ages are slightly different.
    I think "smoking privileges" is condoning it more than I would? Who knows... My kids are 1&3 so I've not had to deal with this yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleigh View Post
    But its not the point them smoking. Its the FACT their mother is buying the smokes for them. I really cant believe of all people BUBHUB dont have a problem with this
    At no point in the OP did you say the mother was buying them for them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (28-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    Did she buy them their 1st pack of cigarettes and teach them to smoke?
    If she says 'no smoking' tells them how bad it is and basically ignores the fact that they do, do you think it'll stop them smoking?
    I know it's bad to smoke, but I don't think she's an abusive mother and we'd all like to be the perfect parent in the same situation and have the perfect child. But until you're dealing with a teen it's really abit rough to call her a bad mother.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (28-03-2012),Pinkzy  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yuck! I have known people like this too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Child abuse! Giving ur 13 year old a substance that only causes harm and is addictive is shocking! It doesn't matter whether or not the mum smokes... She should know better. And if she doesn't as it seems perhaps the authorities need to let her know.
    Kids aren't always taken away from families. They quite often are given warnings and have people check on them etc. it is a serious issue and she's gotta stop encouraging it...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rocker For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonky Donkey View Post
    Was she a smoker? It's possible she is parenting as she was parented.

Doesn't make it right but what can you do?
    It's not right! It's illegal for a minor to smoke!

REPORT!!!! What a negligent mother! Pitifully disgusting! Those poor children's health!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to shinebrite For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    It's not right! It's illegal for a minor to smoke!

REPORT!!!! What a negligent mother! Pitifully disgusting! Those poor children's health!

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)
    Do you report cafe's when they have minors smoking out the front?

Look, I probably would let my son smoke at home. My way of thinking is once the illicit factor has been removed then the want to smoke will pass. I've seen that happen heaps of times. I would actually like to hear from parents with teenagers, as it's one thing to say what we would do, but a whole different kettle of fish when they are actually teens.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (28-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's not the mother buying the smoke it'll be someone else buying them for them. "If there is a will there is a way". I understand I would rather know that my child is smoking and do it at home then out in the streets and 'bumming' smokes off of strangers or having others to get smokes for them.

But it is a discusting habbit but they are teens they try everything. Never know they might be like my sister who smoked purely because it was a 'social' thing to do and now she is older and not so influenced by others around her she chooses not to.