Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Guest Guest
    Call docs?? Like they have nothing better to do Teens smoke, my parents never let me smoke at home but knew I did, friends parents let us at their houses by 16.
    If you say no smoking in the house, all they'll do is go for a walk.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (28-03-2012),MissMuppet  (28-03-2012),Pinkzy  (28-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well smoking at 13 is illegal, meaning someone is buying the 13 year old smokes which is also illegal. Someone will at least get fined? I would think? And hopefully a fine might make them think twice about what they're doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruffalo View Post
    Thats no good at all, I find it totally inappropriate, especially in the instance of the 13 year old. That poor child. The sad thing is that the child doesnt have the mentality to make mature decisions.... and is allowed to ruin their health without fully understanding the severity of the situatuion and the consequences. And more than likely because this person would much rather be their childs friend than be a parent.
    ^ this!
    And like I said... She is most likely buy ciggies for her friends kids too! Trying to be a "cool mum"
    Yeah teens might try it.. But now way in hell will I ever condone or encourage my children to do it.
    Smoking kills, why would I want to shorten my child's life..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missybubble View Post
    That's terrible, I don't know that they can do anything about the 16 year old? But should definitely be able to do something about the 13 year old.

Then again if the kids are doing it out of their own free will maybe nothing can be done about it?
    What can she do? You can't stop teenagers. I see sooooo many kids fagging away at Gloria Jeans etc and it makes me so sad. I want to run up to them and pull it out of their mouth and start lecturing them, but I know they would just roll their eyes at the crazy old lady. The only thing she can do is flat out refuse to let them smoke in the house, and definitely stop using them as a bribe. But like I said, she might prefer to know what they are up to so she can monitor them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Again, not wrong, just different. I started smoking at 13 and my mum found out at 16 and chose to allow me to smoke at home as she rathered I did it there then at some park at night.

I hope to God my children the day I have them , don't turn out to be smokers, but if they are then who am I to judge. Although having said that ... 13 ... not a chance they would be allowed to in our home!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FirstTimeMummy2012 For This Useful Post:

Pinkzy  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know teens smoke. But I just have a problem like someone said, a 13 year old doesnt fully understand how bad smoking is. Most just do it because everybody else is doing it. Why one earth would any parent encourage their child to smoke??? My mum always told me she didnt mind if we smoked. Not that me or my sister ever did. But I just hate thinking this poor child is being encouraged by the person who should be protecting her health not making it worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't call docs because having the kids removed into foster care is unlikely to stop them smoking now that its a habit and could be very damaging if they and their mum have an otherwise loving relationship, could disrupt school, all sorts of problems.

But yes, I totally agree that is wrong and incredibly unhealthy and very sad.

But I don't know if Docs is the answer to this one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope DOCS has more important things to do then investigate smoking children.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

Missemzy  (28-03-2012),mummyfox92  (05-04-2012),Pinkzy  (28-03-2012),Stiflers Mom  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I hope DOCS has more important things to do then investigate smoking children.
    But its not the point them smoking. Its the FACT their mother is buying the smokes for them. I really cant believe of all people BUBHUB dont have a problem with this

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Liddybugs  (28-03-2012)

Guest Guest
    No they don't and neither did I at that age, but it's friends/siblings who do the encouraging more than anyone and the mum probably smokes herself. They see them smoking, think its cool and do it too. I had the worlds strictest parents and as a result did alot worse then my friends whose parents were more open with them. The more you say no, the more they use it to rebel and it makes them better liars.

If you don't want your kids to smoke, don't be a smoker yourself and make sure you keep telling them how bad it is. But a smoking parent is only being a hypocrite.