+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bruise on face

DS has had what looks like a slight bruise on his face on the top of his nose by his eye brow since he was born, I've never really thought anything of it thinking the health nurse would have said something if it was something but a friend mentioned tonight that she had something like that when she was born and that was a sign that there was something wrong with her heart. I am really worried about it now and can't call a dr at this hour. I do have his 4 month shots coming up and the dr checks him first so I will be asking about it then but we have a new dr because ours moved to another state and I don't know if I like them yet. So I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if they have brought it up with a dr or health nurse

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    What was wrong with your friends heart? If you could find that out, then go to Dr Google, you might find that ds has none of the signs that would indicate a heart problem. Your friend would've only heard about the mark second hand from her parents, so it might not look much the same at all!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter has this (14 months) and her pediatritian said it was nothing to worry about and it's just a vein... Shes spent time in the hospital and picu for an unrelated operation and i am sure they would have detected a heart problem! Hope that puts your mind at ease for atleast the night x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it just a vein that's visible? Sorry no advice, hope everythings okay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's known as a sugar bug. My DD2 has it. Chinese believe it's a sign of sugar sensitivity. Personally I can't say if my DD2 is sensitive to sugar or hyperactive in any way, but she is only 20 months old.
    Thought I'd give you a name so you have something to google. Its a bit of an interesting theory.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bell & Bug View Post
    It's known as a sugar bug. My DD2 has it. Chinese believe it's a sign of sugar sensitivity. Personally I can't say if my DD2 is sensitive to sugar or hyperactive in any way, but she is only 20 months old.
    Thought I'd give you a name so you have something to google. Its a bit of an interesting theory.
    Have u noticed all 3 of my kids have one? Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all I'm not sure what the problem was exactly. I will ask the dr but I wasn't worried about it because I thought it was a vein now I am a bit worried. I would have thought they would pick something up with all the checks they get but I will still ask jut to be sure. Wish my old dr was still here though, he was great and I felt. On forgave with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has that - I've been told by everyone that it's just a vein and will slowly disappear. DD is now 16 months and I never even notice it - it's definitely lightened. My hairdresser was telling me she had the same thing as a baby. When I googled it I found lots of people saying their baby had the same. I wouldn't worry too much - but chat to your GP to put your mind at rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could it be a stalk bite birth mark..?
    If its on her forehead only between her eyes and up, then this could be what it is.

Don't panic. Stalk bite birth marks disappear within a couple of years old any way

I'm sure your dds heart is fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im intrigued. Let us know when you have some answers x