+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default would be interested in being a surrogate but....

deleted
    Last edited by mumof2boys00; 28-03-2012 at 07:59.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mumof2boys00 For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What if they both end up being boys?

I don't think you as a couple would be 'stable' enough to be a surrogate, plus they tend to like couples who have finished their family to be surrogates as there are some risks to your fertility that come with surrogacy.

I think you have a long way to go before you should consider surrogacy, starting with getting more information regarding surrogacy.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (27-03-2012),loumia  (27-03-2012),Orris Apjoko  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm confused how would you carry two at the same time? How can you guarantee twins and if they are not genetic twins you'll have to have a DNA test to see which baby is yours and which is the other couple ????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Pink-Hen View Post
    I'm confused how would you carry two at the same time? How can you guarantee twins and if they are not genetic twins you'll have to have a DNA test to see which baby is yours and which is the other couple ????
    I don't think she understands the process

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    If your husband is worried about another child with health issues, why would this be any different if you were carrying 2 babies - one your own, one someone elses?

Twins come with greater risks anyway, so even if you're somehow able to find somewhere that is okay with doing it, and a couple who will accept the additional risks to their own child because of this... you could still end up with health issues in your own baby, perhaps even just resulting from prematurity.

As Bell and Bug says... what if you have a boy? There are no guarantees that you'd get a daughter out of this.

I think it'd be worthwhile discussing having another baby with your husband WITHOUT the surrogacy added into it, and seek genetic counselling to find out if the condition your child has is the result of genetics or just something which has happened, and then if it is genetics, who's have caused it and how it can be avoided, if at all, in future.

I really really do not think that you sound like you're in the right place to become a surrogate, and I'd think that any decent place in Australia that deals with surrogacy would agree.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (27-03-2012),Guest1234  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How would that work? As above how would you know which is which.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also what if you ended up having a boy and they ended up having a girl? Have you thought how that would affect you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bloody phone is thanking randomly again, didn't mean to thank the OP.
    As the others have said i think you need to talk to your DP first and foremost about the option for another child of your own before you get too ahead of yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I still don't get how it would work.