+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're using the product your FS recommended, following the instructions you were given, so old crinone is his/her "problem" to deal with there, not yours

Ah Ha! That is what I'm going to go with!

Tender bbs and bloating seem to be the norm for now, so it'll just be same ol keeping on. As for moods, mine haven't been too bad so far (IMO, dp might beg to differ) so we'll just see how we go. Hopefully it'll be preg mood swings soon!!

In fact, apart from the physical things I've been quite lucky. The biggest mental thing for me has been forgetting to use my brain at all! Dp has been very happy to recount absolutely ridiculous conversations we've had that I've got no memory off. I choose not to believe him.

Thank you all, you've been very reassuring.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those symptoms are all indicating that you're getting progesterone is high like it should be.

(It looks like 1x crinone a day don't often notice cottage cheese, but 2x a day certainly do.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loveandhope - Yep the pessaries are gross. Sorry for too much information but they are oily and messy plus you have to lay down for an hour after using them. I would rather have Crinone any day. I was on them twice a day so I'm not sure why I didn't have the cottage cheese problem - I had read about it and was scared it was going to happen but didn't. I did have to stop using the morning before the transfer though.
    I don't produce sufficient progesterone and the pessaries didn't really work but my levels were perfect on Crinone and my clinic said that it is better than pessaries.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wonder why my clinic put me on pessaries this time then rather than the crinone? Maybe because my progesterone was 390 last cycle, but I was preg at the time? Now I'm worried that the pessaries won't be good enough, but then maybe my FS thinks I produce enough progesterone on my own and the pessaries are just extra?

I also like crinone better than pesseries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disney were you on Crinone last time?
    I'm sure the pessaries will be fine for you as you don't have a luteal phase defect. I think Crinone is better for us with LPD's.

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I was on crinone for my first stim cycle. I guess they realized that I didn't really need it lol, so they put me on pessaries.

It could also be the fact that I had to change FS, and the new one seemed more thorough and went through past bloods and must have seen I produce enough progesterone on my own?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pessaries won't hurt your chances. On my last cycle my FS and I were changing EVERYTHING slightly, so changed from crinone to pessaries, and that turned out to be the cycle that worked. (I prefer crinone). Pessaries are cheaper.

Sometimes I think that FS choose to put everyone on progesterone support just so that we can continue to feel like we're DOING something in the TWW, not because everyone actually would benefit from supplemented progesterone. But that would be on one of my cynical days.

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bwahahaha!!! Last night Dp came into the bedroom while I was using the crinone. The look on his face was and he did a neat 180, stayed out for 10 minutes too!!

Told him I needed to lie down for an hour and could he bring me my ipad and a drink pretty please. Figured it was only fair.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rutabaga For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (29-03-2012),LoveAndHope  (30-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Hoping someone can shed some light for me. I am now 10 days post blastocyst transfer. I usually have short cycles 23-24 days so technically I was due for AF last weekend. I started Crionine before the transfer. Does it delay AF?

I'd like to do a HPT but don't want to get my hopes up. I'm due for final blood test this Friday. Praying for a BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    As for me, crinone is the worst part of IVF. Yes, worst than injections, general anesthesia and the wait (ok not worst than the disappointment of bfn). I hate that think. Cottage cheese after only a couple of uses, it aches and bloats.... I hate that thing!