+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Crinone experiences.....

please tell me there are some good ones out there!

I had 19 eggs at epu on Monday, and will be starting Crinone on Wednesday night, as well progynova 2x day from Friday.

I've never used Crinone before, and after looking at what's been said about it I'm pretty worried!!

So what experiences have other people had? Is it "moody" as in a "weepy", or as in "I will kill you if you look at me like that again"? Bloated as in you leave your shirt untucked or you invest in a muumuu? I'm already bloated enough thank you!!

And ickiest of all, please tell me the "cottage cheese" conversations are exaggerated!!

Please tell me what I could expect so can prepare myself!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crinone's fine. It's a slow-release progesterone delivery system. Almost all the side effects are caused by successful delivery of progesterone, so if your cycle is successful you'll get the same side effects when your ovaries continue progesterone production anyway.

The only moodiness or weepy times I had were actually when my progesterone was dropping - a bit of PMS symptoms about 12-13 dpo, so not caused by the crinone, even though it occurred while I was using crinone.

The "cottage cheese" isn't a problem as such, it's just part of the system. Just clean it out a bit occasionally, it's not as difficult as a dildo cam.

The only "actually caused by crinone product as opposed to progesterone" side effect I can think of might be irritation of the cervix or vagina, but that didn't happen to me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katherine,

I have used both Crinone and Progesterone Pessaries and I much prefer Crinone. I did not get "cottage cheese" so that was good.

I did however become extremely depressed on Crinone to the point where they suggested I take antidepressant medication whilst taking Crinone. However, I do not naturally produce progesterone hence I think my reaction to Crinone was severe. However, it does state on the info on the pack that it can cause you to feel weepy and hopeless. Just make sure you let someone know what is happening if you start to experience these symptoms.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerShine For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't get any side effects from Crinone except for the cottage cheese. Quite disconcerting when you feel and see lumps. Invest in lots of pantyliners! Oh, and yes, cleaning yourself out down there everyday is a good idea.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to prettydino For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (27-03-2012)

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!!

I've been having a little stress since I realised how much other people dislike Crinone, must be a fear of the unknown.

I'm normally pretty chilled in new situations, cos I'm confident I can control most things. That's been challenged by the unpredictability of ivf! Thanks again for the replies, they've been reassuring!

Eta - not sure if it was on BH, but one lady posted that her fn scraped out dark "leftovers" before the fs did a transfer. That's when I decided to get some reassurance. Investigating for yourself can be a bad thing sometimes!
    Last edited by Rutabaga; 27-03-2012 at 20:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used it for 8 weeks every night. I didn't have any moodiness, etc... But I didn't like the cottage cheese and I recommend wearing a liner. I was quit bloated in the stomach. Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyLip For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    katherinelouise - even if you think you're clean before ET, the FS still usually (at least half the time for me that I noticed) decides to remove some residue. Maybe it gets stuck in the middle of the cervix? I know I get a heap stuck behind a low cervix until 12-13 dpo when it zips up high and out of the way for a day or two (one of my pre-AF signs).
    You're using the product your FS recommended, following the instructions you were given, so old crinone is his/her "problem" to deal with there, not yours.

For morning transfers I was told not to use morning crinone until after ET, so I went in "clean". But for afternoon transfers I did everything like normal - applied morning crinone, didn't have a clean out until day or two later so as not to upset cervix.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to felicita For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi Katherine The only side effects i have experienced from crinone is VERY tender bb's and some bloating. I am using crinone 8%, 90mg gel, once a day and i was advised to use it at night. Absolutely NO sign of anything even resembling "cottage cheese", and certainly no need to do any "cleaning out" for me. Maybe the cottage cheese is associated with the pessaries and not the gel???? Wishing you all the very best of luck with your cycle

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lifelongdream For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been using the gel for three weeks now and most definitely have had the yuck cottage cheese type stuff. felicita has been a wealth of knowledge for me and my FS's nurse backed up all she said. A friend using the pessaries hasn't had any clumps, but has talked about an oily kind of discharge in the hours after.

Good luck with it!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveAndHope For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (28-03-2012)

Disney Baby is offline <--- That's my baby at 8 cells old <3 Ahh the perks of IVF =D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if what I experienced (besides some cottage cheese which I didn't really get on my undies, just when I 'cleaned' it out) was related to crinone, the fact I actually got pregnant, or the fact that it was my first ever IVF cycle.

I was HIGHLY emotional, but I think that was because it was my first cycle and I wanted it to work so badly, but knew it probably wouldn't because I'm not that lucky. Mind games I tell ya!

DH also told me that he knew I was UTD before I did the test because I was extra b!tchy...but that was later one, so I don't think it was crinone related.

All in all, I didn't think it was bad at all.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Disney Baby For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (28-03-2012)