+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Poor quality blastocyst

Hi everyone

I had a frozen embryo transfer on Saturday and I'm feeling seriously depressed. Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a "poorer than average quality embryo" (scientist's words). We only had one frozen from our last ICSI cycle - a Day 6 blastocyst. Apparently it thawed OK and kept expanding, but they classified it as 5CC on transfer day. They said if we'd had any more embryos they would've thawed them for us, but as we only had one they "went for broke" and used it anyway. Do I have any chance of getting pregnant from this transfer?? We've had such a rough ride over the past 4 years and I'm just so over it:
    • MFI
    • First ICSI cycle - OHSS, 2 weeks in hospital, pregnant but miscarried our girl at 10 weeks (chromosomal)
    • Developed a form of Asherman's syndrome from the D+C
    • Second ICSI - BFN
    • First FET - 2 blastocysts failed to thaw; one of 3 remaining embryos thawed; BFN
    • Third ICSI - BFP; subchorionic haematoma; bedrest 6 weeks; but had to terminate at 13 weeks (Turner's syndrome)
    • Second FET = our 16 month old son!!
    • Fourth ICSI - BFP but ectopic; ruptured and had surgery last Christmas Eve
    Can anyone at least pretend for me that our last blasty, poor quality though it may be, might just be a winner? Has anyone ever had a successful pregnancy from a low-grade blasty/emby?

Tiki

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't had a poor quality blasty transfer - our embryos were never that good and we usually had day 5 morula transfers (finally resulting in BFP). But as long as it's inside you then it has a chance.

To get the 5CC grading I understand that it was hatching (5), but had fewer than normal cells in the inner cell mass (C) and fewer than normal cells in the trophectoderm (C). So despite a low cell number it has achieved the milestone of hatching, so that's great news. Hopefully it likes its new environment inside you and grows more cells quickly.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll try to find my poor quality three day embie.. Hang on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I understand grade 5 blastocyst is hatching already. It is where it belongs now ( in your womb not a dish) so chin up and be positive:-)