+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Entertainment books? Do you buy them?

Hey

Does anyone buy these?

I'm thinking about it but thought I'd ask anyone here if they have bought them in the past and if so do you actually use it and are they worth it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Been buying it every year since about 1999! Love them.
    I used to use the restaurant vouchers a lot more pre-kids but even now, just a couple of times gets the money back. My dad and brother also get it and when we have a big birthday dinner or something, we can save over $100.

Just gave my mum my vouchers for a puppet theatre she is taking the kids to, she is also getting one from a friend so will get 4 tickets for the price of 2.

There are HEAPS of different vouchers in there too - restaurants, take-away, kids activities, touristy stuff...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never got them before either... I know a friend who always does but she goes out a lot and would definitely get her money back. Interested to hear the other responses though. Maybe I should be consider it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I swear by them

I go halves with mum, she uses things i wouldnt & i use things she wouldnt. But im starting to think id be better with my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Where do you get them? Iv never heard of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I love them, especially with kids and find I definitely use a lot of the vouchers as they're realistic ones and they have always been honoured, never had any problems making a booking etc, in fact, you don't even need to mention them until you pay etc.

Abi&Beth, the books are usually a fundraising venture, so you usually get them via playgroups, schools, work places etc, that are selling them to raise funds etc. You can't just order them online or buy off the Entertainment company, they have to be bought via a partcipating fundraising group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love them--you only have to go out for dinner three times in a year to make your money back, and anything else is a bonus. We find it's a great way to try places you wouldn't necessarily go to.

With bubs here now will be interesting to see how much we use it--I imagine we'll be using it for more breakfasts/lunches now than dinner time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I love it! Only have to use a few vouchers to get your moneys worth.

Like the pp I'm not sure how much I'll use it next year with a baby in tow though.

Sent from my LT15i

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, I have the Sydney one. It's fantastic. I've already got my money's worth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had them pre-kids but decided it wasn't worth it with young children. I liked using them for fancy restaurants which doesn't really happen much anymore.

We might start getting them again in the next year or so as the kids get older for activities and eating out.