+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Aw I'm sure she will be fine I always bite my babies nails for this reason, until they can sit still for me to cut them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH did that when DD was 2 days old - she came out with claws and kept scratching herself. I chew DD's nails as well.

I'm sure she'll be fine. We all do it I gather from this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The clippers are in the bin after today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was so nervous with my first child to clip her nails so I asked my mum to do it and BANG - she cut her little finger. So we had a mumma and a grand mumma that felt terrible. As per pp I now also use little nail scissors and have never had a problem with them. Im + 3 kids now do that's lots of nail cutting. Out some first aid cream on it, and a bandaid for a day or so until the sensitivity is gone, then take the bandaid off so it can air and heal quicker. Don't feel bad - these things happen xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like everyone else has said your not terrible at all! I have done it too :-( on my 20month old. I'm now back to biting them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it, I still won't trim DS nails that is now dads job I walk around for an hour telling DH I cut his finger off and scared him for life, no scar he was to little to remember it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done it. I think DS now recognises the clippers and squirms even more when he sees them coming. HGe didn't fuss too much at the time though. Nails is now a two person job. DH holds his hand and I hold his finger to trim the nail.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I did it once to DD Threw out the clippers straight away and got baby nail scissors, they're so much easier.