+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now my kids are getting older and do extra activities I am going to and fro alot I don't particularly like it but we don't live walking distance to anything so must drive my dh always has noisy v8 and that but I like my quiet cars.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    me...in and out at least 4 times....usually 6.

DH at least in and out 2...usually 4.

then there are the one off things like a late night run to the supermarket after kids in bed etc

they sound pretty normal to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On shopping days, we go to 4 shops throught the day and come home after each 1. Assuming I have no work that day, I will do school drop off then go to shop 1 then come home and unpack and put the cold stuff away. Then I go to shop 2 and come home with the cold stuff. Go to shop 3 to buy some things like vegan cheese, vegan ice cream, maybe some little gluten free baked treat for dd then bring it home. Pick dd up from school and go to the fruit shop for fruit and veg.

But then last weekend I picked dd up early on Friday then did not get in the car again until yesterday when I did the school run only. It's just that the cold or fresh items go bad fast up here, I can't leave it in the car to go to other shops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Depends, today I was in and out several times, had to drop kids off to daycare, came home, cleaned and then left again to get lunch, came home had a GP and psychiatrist appointments, came home, left again for centrelink appointment picked the kids up and came home, and I still need to go out once more to organize somethin for dinner, so 5 times.

Some days I will stay home all day and not go anywhere, just depends how busy I am on the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can go days without going anywhere but guess that's just me being lazy haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    My car has a sports exhaust - like that when I got it (I'm not into cars). It probably annoys my neighbours because it's so loud. My ears are literally ringing when I get out, I hate it so much and wanted it removed but my partner likes it for some reason.I only go to work and come back. If I'm not at work, just go out for lunch or shopping once during the day lol.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    OP you would hate us then - DP has a Clubsport (which is a V8) and I have an SV6 Commodore which has the exhaust done... I'm going to sell my car and probably buy a V8 We both love cars, and this baby has no chance, even if it's a girl lol. DP is like 'you should get a four wheel drive' and I'm like 'nah'.

As for coming and going, I don't much during the week as I don't work. Even on weekends if we go out it's normally for hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I take DH to work then back every morning.

A few days a week I go out to playgroup, then come home for DD to have a nap, then go out again to Mums or shopping or something.

Then out to get DH and back again.

So on average I come and go 3-4 times a day.

It's very rare for me and DD to stay home ALL day. We come and go a lot.
    Last edited by waterlily; 27-03-2012 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Most days atleast 4, sometimes it's maybe 10 or more. It really depends on what happening. I live a buzy life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    There could be several reasons for coming and going. Different children might have different needs.

Lets take my rainy Thursday for example.
    7:10am - off to the train station to drop off DD2.
    7:35am - return
    8:05am - off to drop DD3-6 at school.
    8:30am - return
    10am (for example) off to the shops
    midday - return
    2:15pm - off to primary school to pick up DD4-6.
    2:40pm - return
    2:55pm - off to high school to pick up DD3.
    3:15pm - return
    4:00pm - off to train station to collect DD2.
    4:30pm - return
    5:55pm - off to Girls Brigade
    7:00pm - return
    8:00pm - back to Girls Brigade to collect DD3-6
    9:00pm - return

And may also be a call where I need to go to school to pick up a child that has decided to be sick that day. And I've not even helping out in the classroom yet, so that would be another outing if I start it.