+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default how many times do you come and go a day?

This family who live opposite us have 2 loud commodores (sorry not a car person, dont know the year or make) They have the silly noisy exhausts. So as you can imagine, we can hear them comming home from 2 streets away.

It's actually getting quite annoying. One parent must do shift work as she leaves at 2.30am and is back by 7.30am to take her kids to school, i guess.

What i dont understand is the comming and going upto 7 times a day! i am serious. I'm aware I have no life and nothing better to do than listen to their annoying cars comming and going 7 times a freaking day. It cant be ignored tho. I even asked my DH if he noticed it and he said i need to get out of the house lol but one day we were just chilling together watching a movie and he did notice them comming and going 3 times in a 2hr movie lol

They have about 4-5 kids from what i have seen but this comming and going is during school hours and at like 9-11 pm at night.
    They leave and are back again 10 mins!

She looks like she lives in a gym and he drives a truck.

Is it weird?

I know i needa get myself a life but there are some days i like to spend at home with DD and when she naps 2 hrs 2 times a day, i cant help but hear their stupid cars up and back, up and back allllll day long!

Personally, when i go out, i try to get as much done as possible and if i get home and forget something, it is left utill whenever i feel like going out again. I dont go out more than once maybe twice a day.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A lot. (I'm a nanny).

7:00 am - arrive at work (I drive their car)

7:30am - drop my charge's parents at work then go for breakfast or shops. Come home around 8:30/9 (Sleep from 9:30-11:30)

12-12:30 -after lunch leave for swimming or a play date or to run errands. Back 2:30-3. Sleep from 3-4:30

5:30 - leave to pick up *my DP* from work

6:30 leave to go home
    Last edited by rainbow road; 27-03-2012 at 15:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Once i get home from being out i am home. I dont drive either so that could be one of the reasons why i hate going out. I leave the house everyday except for the weekends but we will usually go out anyway even if its just down to woolies.

I have to leave the house at least once a day for school run and then depending on if E can pick him up on her way home i will happily stay at home.

Sent from my GT-I9000T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    On school days especially I'll take DD so that's one trip out and back, then often we will go shopping, so another trip out and back, then I'll go pick DD up so there's another trip out and back, then DF will leave for work, so another trip out and back.

Madame Mayhem is offline Who you are is who you should be, don't change for anyone
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to do everything in one outing, I hate nothing more than having to drag the kids in and out of the car/house multiple times a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a SAHM. I go out every day. I usually try to get everything done in on go so I don't have to keep going out. Once I am home I am home for the day otherwise it interrupts my DD sleep etc. there are exceptions of course but generally just the once.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I can't help being reminded of the 'SAHM/working mum dispelling myths' thread, especially where one SAHM pointed out that SAHM don't really SAH....

Today was a typical day. I left home this morning to take the kids to school. Went straight to the gym from there. Came home, showered and changed.

Went out to the shops. Came home for lunch.

Went out to get kids from school. Came home to have afternoon tea and get DD changed for gymnastics.

Dropped DD at gymnastics. Came home.

Soon I will leave to pick DD up. And come home.

3 nights a week I also work, so I would then be leaving again, and coming home in the middle of the night.

So if I had a noisy car, you'd be hearing it 12 times, for 6 trips out. If this lady had 4-5 kids, she'd be pretty busy. And the late evening trips out are probably to the shops so that she can shop in peace.

I believe that as your kids get older and busier you will understand. It is certainly the case for me anyway. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CMF I sound a little like you. I have 4 kids so I can be in and out of our house lots. There are days too when I leave at 5am for work or get home late at night.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    You'd love living next door to me, no car

Anyhoo much like B&Bs post kindy drop off/pick up and maybe a trip to the shops but I don't usually do shop runs on kindy days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in and out several times a day. Gym, school pick up, school drop off, off to uni (although I do this on foot and catch the bus), home from uni, swimming lessons etc.
    Noisy exhausts should be made illegal. They are awful to have to listen to. I don't imagine my neighbours would have any clue how many times a day I'm in and out.