+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't read this book but I should get DP to read it!

I started a 3weeks ago cut ALL sugars out of the kids and my diet and foods and so far lost 6kg.

Just wish DP would support me and stop b!tching (EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.) that I haven't bought soft drink or packaged cr_p for him to eat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Please PM me the link too!
    Did your kids find it hard to go sugarfree? I think DS will be ok, because if I tell him there is no icecream, or no biscuits and offer him an alternative, he is usually ok with it.
    No and they don't know any better really!! We have sugar free treats all homemade, they love sweet juices and I make sugar free ice creams and sorbets so they're not missing out. You can even get natural sugar free organic soda can drink which we have occasionally if we're out to dinner. I don't see it as depriving them, your body doesn't need sugar it needs nutrients to survive! I use honey, raw agave and dates to sweeten my foods if needed! Raw carrot cakes with raw 'cheese' cream on top! Divine, uses 1 1/2c of carrot pulp after a juice and nuts, dates, sultanas lemons... Drool...

---------
    Mummie to
    Lucy Alys (July '06)
    Minnie Audrey (July '09)
    Pippi Violet (oct '11)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys!
    Thought I would give you a bit of an update. Have been sugar free a month now and have really noticed a change in my appetite, just not hungry anymore. Very weird for me, as I'm someone that is ALWAYS hungry!
    Took a while for me to start losing weight, but in the last 2 weeks I have lost 1kg each week! Yay!
    DH and DS didn't start until after easter, but I don't think they're finding it too hard, although DH had a bit of a moment last week where he really wanted to demolish a block of chocolate. DS still asks for biscuits or milo occasionally, but it doesn't really bother him if I tell him we don't have any. I haven't been limiting his fruit intake though, yesterday he ate 4 mandarins and 2 pears!
    Thanks shinebrite for that link, it makes a lot of sense.
    Anyway, how are you guys going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'm not doing 'sugar free' so to speak, but i'm not eating cakes, biscuits, lollies, chocolate... all the traditional unhealthy stuff. I already had a healthy diet but i supplemented it with a lot of crap. Cutting out the crap, (except for on fri/sat) I have also lost weight (only a couple of kg, however i'm 165cm and 51.something kg now) but i feel really good, dont crave it anymore (incredibly cos i was a chocoholic - i have seriously surprised myself) and it doesn't taste the same or have the same appeal now. It is easier and easier to do it as i miss it less and less each day.

for me i think i made a decision and something in my brain changed and said i was going to stick to it!