+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who else is going sugarfree?

Hi,
    I've just recently read David Gillespie's "Sweet Poison" book and it struck a bit of a cord with me, so decided that the whole family is going sugar free after easter (I had to give DH that long to read the book too, otherwise I thought he might sabotage me!)
    BUT I haven't really eaten anything sugary since I read it, so I'm now 6 days in and sugar free! I must say that I haven't had any great sugar cravings, and I was a sugary breakfast, 3 or 4 tim tams a day, and icecream for desert kind of girl!
    I've definately had a headache though.
    Just wondering if anyone on the hub has read the book, and is going sugar free too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Havnt read the book but my husband lost 18 kgs just fron cutting down to 20 grams of sugar a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I really should do this, I am so badly addicted to sugar. What are you eating?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are not completely sugar free but after reading the book we cut back on almost all sugar.
    It made a huge impact on ds1. And I have felt like I have a lot more energy.
    I don't really think it is necessary to cut out sugar all together, but rather consume in moderation like most things. Sadly with everything packed full of it, it is really hard to do for most people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to but i dont know personally if i could. Im a selective eater as it is. I dont eat sugary things all the time.

I would love to cut suger back with my DS also. I, myself dont offer him tooo much sugary foods but i know i cant escape it with his FDC mum, both sides grandparents and his father.

GOOD ON YOU!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me! I read the book about a month ago and have gone sugar free as of today. I also started C25k today and plan to go sugar free for 8 weeks and then try to eat as little as practicable from then. I'm planning to TTC soon soon so I want to get healthier in preparation

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have ordered the books, but they were on back order to be posted tomorrow, so should be read and ready to go after Easter.

I'm very excited for my family and our health!

My DH will be ecstatic, he has been saying how bad sugar is for ages now, and we are finally going to do something about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have heard about the book and was thinking of buying it.
    I'm totally addicted to Coke... I have always drunk it and when I was pregnant I didn't drink much, but I had 1... Just 1... After I gave birth, and now I'm drinking more then ever!!!
    I also don't want to cut sugar out completely, but do want to read the book as I know there are alot of hidden sugars in foods and i'd like to be more aware.
    If I can give up coke, I'll be 2 thirds there I reckon! Everyday since sat I've told myself 'today is the day I'll stop drinking it'....

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh I saw this book but didn't order it.
    Is it worth reading?
    Dam I knew I should have just ordered it.