+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What reason did he give for insisting you avoid medication? Sounds kinda extreme?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

diesal444  (28-03-2012),SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally agree with AM. Why wouldnt your gp look into medication. Im sure if you had diabetes or high blood pressure or any other medical condition he would prescribe medication. Its terrific your seeting a psychologist but often that should be combined with other treatments.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to diesal444 For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He wanted to avoid medication because he thought it was best as I was breastfeeding.
    I've kind of seen what anti-depressants do but I'd like some other perspectives as well? Anyone able to share their anti-d experiences?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donniesweet View Post
    He wanted to avoid medication because he thought it was best as I was breastfeeding.
    I've kind of seen what anti-depressants do but I'd like some other perspectives as well? Anyone able to share their anti-d experiences?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using BubHub
    Some people say that antidepressants make them feel like zombies but that Hasn't been the case for me or for a few people I know that are on Zoloft. I've felt great since being on Zoloft. I feel like normal old me. I feel emotions just like everyone else. The only difference is that the black cloud that was over my head has disappeared. I don't cry over everything, I don't feel angry with the world, DH or DS. I feel like I did before I was a mum. Like me = )

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

diesal444  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Going on anti depressant was the best thing I ever did. Did not feel like a zombie, felt normal again. Op, I could have written your post.
    It is nothing to feel ashamed about but getting the right treatment is important.

missybubble is offline I'm a strange one, but I'm good at it :)
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Anti depressants saved my life. I went back to being myself, was the best thing I ever did too. Sometimes it can take a while to find the right one for you but once you do you won't look back

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went on low dose of zoloft first time round, now this time its zoloft again but a higher dose. As PP have said it really just lifts the horrible black cloud and for me it got rid of the anxiety that was ruling my life. It worked within 2 weeks and i would say i am feeling like my normal self. Im not crying, i feel connected to my children and im functioning!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, can't share about the medication thing but I'm glad you went to the GP.

I have always found that things can be very tense relationship-wise in the first few months after a baby. You're sleep-deprived, you're sore still (especially if breast-feeding isn't really easy for you - it isn't for me), you're learning to be a mum and remember another person's needs in your house eg. washing, taking longer to go anywhere etc. And your hormones are still all over the place. It's hard work and a steep learning curve but, as others have said, it does get better.

I think that what causes the clashes in relationships at this stage, apart from tiredness and hormones (which are biggies in themselves), is different expectations. Perhaps you could show him parts of this forum where others are having trouble as well so that he knows that it's quite common.

I recommend that you sit down and talk about what you expected parenting and your relationship to be like after your DS was born and how it has matched and hasn't. I'll bet that neither of you will have expected it to be quite like it has been but you will probably both have had different expectations to each other, too. Looking through the other person's eyes is always helpful.

Perhaps you could look at what's positive, too. You have a lovely son and your DF is still there and trying. You could try thinking up little things to make him happy, even if it's just making sure he has his favourite meals, has friends around to watch the footy etc, if you're trying to patch things up.

Hope it all improves for you.