+ Reply to Thread
    Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting over it vent (its long)

Hello,
    I'm going a bit crazy at the moment. I have been living in my mother's house for over two months now while my husband is still interstate finishing up work, house etc. I have seen him 8 days in this two months and that is hard, not just on me but the kids too.
    I just want him to hurry up and get down here, I need my own house. It is so frustrating living in my mother's house, seriously if you knew her you would understand. She seems to think sometimes that she can talk/scream at me like I'm a child, not a peer who has her own family to raise. Yes she is doing us a favor by letting us stay here but she has made no accommodations for us.
    She constantly complains on toys, noise, kids watching tv (the loungeroom is the only one with decent reception and she has foxtel so nick jr and no they don't watch it all day and sometimes I put a dvd on in my room).
    I'm buying my own food, cooking mine and the kids meals, doing my own washing, dishes and hers, I even scrubbed her washing machine coz it was disgusting seriously build up of everything yuck.
    I'm so angry and annoyed at her and all the memories of the crap she put me through are coming back and I get so cranky. It is making me feel sad and down.
    She is the only thing that is making me regret this move, all my family are here and they are great, but no room for us and it is a big ask. I think what annoys me the most is she is soooo lazy, and plays the victim always. Like this morning she was angry at my lil bro for being late to work and went around slamming doors at 6:30 in the morning and woke up both the kids and when I told her to be considerate of them she went on a rant about how shes damned is she does/don't. I could really go on forever about her but I really don't want to. I need my husband to hurry up so I can have space, and not have to notice what she is like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that, it sounds so frustrating! How long do you have to be there for? Much longer? Is there any other option? Must be hard on the poor kids too, feeling unwelcome and like they get in the way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to OnceUponATime For This Useful Post:

Becks23  (27-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know how this feels , not sooo much being yelled at etc but we live with the in laws and mil and I havent spoken for about a week cause we had a massive fight about MY children and how they should be raised - calls me a bad mum cause I want my children to grow up and respect people etc etc and cause I won't parent how she wants me too!!!
    We are in the process of finding out own house even though we will struggle I'm over living with her and can't stand it any longer!!
    I can't imagine how hard it is for you though not being able to do any of this untill your DP is with you!!!
    Big hugs and I hope he gets there soon so all this can end for you before your relationship is completely ruined with your mother like mine is with mil !!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jemma87 For This Useful Post:

Becks23  (27-03-2012)

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I really am frustrated and I really do not want our relationship completely destroyed but it is hard to take. Unfortunately it will prob be another two months til we can move but prayers that my hubby gets this job he is going for which could make it a couple of weeks quicker
    I just want my own house where my kids can have the freedom they need oh and sharing a kitchen especially a tiny one sucks lol
    I know we'll get there its just really sucky at the moment

Jemma87 I hope that your mil starts being nicer to you and your family, and that she lets you parents raise your children and respect how you do

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really sounds like a tough situation to be in and I hope it is not too long before your dh can be with you to start a fresh start in your new house. Just keep your eye on the prize - the light at the end of the tunnel and take comfort that one day you will look back and laugh at how hard you had it but how good life is now... Positive thinking

8. The Following User Says Thank You to karisha For This Useful Post:

Becks23  (28-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Are u sure u aren't me??? Lol

But seriously I cld have written that exact post (except I don't live with my mum, thankgod!!!)
    I feel for u sweets, I really hope ur dh gets the job and u can be out of there sooner!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to poppyseed For This Useful Post:

Becks23  (28-03-2012)