+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Here here.. I enjoy my time alone!! I love shopping by myself too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went alone for the first time a couple of months ago when my car was in for a service and I was pregnant, hot, had sore feet, and stuck at the shops all day. I felt a bit silly buying a ticket and walking in alone but I see other people doing it all the time and I thought who cares what other people think! I really enjoyed it, so I say go for it if you really want to see the movie tomorrow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was single I used to go alone sometimes, quite often because I was seeing something for the second or third time (or eighth *cough*Harry Potter #1*cough*), and I'd already seen it with my mum or whoever. When I was living at home it was also a nice way to have some "me" time away from Mum and Dad... they're great but occasionally I needed to go and do something by myself.

It's much less "embarrassing", for lack of a better word, during the day on a weekday than in the evenings or on a weekend. Although weekday evenings can be okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Love the movies on my own. I find it decadent. I get a yummy drink (hot choc or coffee or something) buy ice cream or chocolates and spread out! Tuck my legs on the seat next to me. The only thing I'm missing is the doona!!!
    I figure that other people are usually wrapped up in their own lives they think nothing of a solo person at the movies. I never think weirdly of solo movie goers so I'm all for it.
    Last edited by Tamtam; 27-03-2012 at 10:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have. After having kids I think doing anything on my own is luxury

Sent from my X10i using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to go to the movies on my own. (I'll admit it felt a little odd the very first time.) I'm usually early so I take something to read until the lights go down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always do this. Its so relaxing not having someone else there.

As a teen this was THE most embarrassing thing to do and I wouldnt be seen dead in the pics by myself, but I have grown up a little since then, im a little more secure in who I am and what people think of me, and I have learnt not to care.
    It's so freeing.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i did it once, when i was in my early 20's, had moved to a new town and was quite a nervous anxious person. It took a lot of talking up to convince myself to do it, so eventually off i went. The cinema was almost totally empty, maybe one other person up the back... the trailers came up, lights went down and I started to relax...

(Remember totally empty cinema) Next thing this man walks in, sat down beside me, looking straight forward, never said a word, and put his hand on my leg

I was outta that cinema before that trailer was finished, never went solo again.... If it was now, well firstly i would have no qualms about going alone, but if that happened how said Creepy Man would be wearing a large coke and carton of popcorn, and have a pair of throbbing you-know-whats

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (27-03-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    First time I was crapping myself and then they played the wrong movie and I had to get up and tell someone.

Now I dont mind at all - tbh I woudln't go on a sat night on my own but I do quite like it. I love movies and got sick of dragging friends along who never like what I want to see.

I had a movie buddy mate and it was the best!!! But she moved back to the UK so now I mostly go on my own unless its a major movie that my DH, sis or friends want to see too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All the time! I love going to the movies by myself, it is my little escape from everything and everybody..