+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Cheese snacks...

I know there are all sorts of ways to give your kids a cheese snack. There's the cheaper prepacked and highly processed (plastic looking and tasting) slices. There's the higher quality prepacked slices. There's the special high processed kids cheese strips and ofcourse you can just cut a few pieces from a block.

I know the prepacked stuff is quicker and easier, but is it healthier?
    What kind of cheese snacks do you give your child(ren)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yellow cheese in general is not that great, white cheese is usually better, I did have a quick look at cheeses when I was looking for DS and remember the kids one had more salt than the normal one!

I think the plain baby bell ( in the little red wax circles) were the best I could find ( and convenient)

DS does not really like them but loves feta , goats cheese or cottage cheese spread on rice cakes or ricotta stirred through pasta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My kids usually have the babybell cheese or a piece of fetta/tasty cheese, we don't buy processed sliced cheese, usually we have sliced cheddar, the proper stuff sliced at the deli or I buy tasty block cheese and we always have heaps of fetta.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD has cheddar or tasty or cottage cheese or cream cheese. I can't see me ever buying the Kraft plastic cheese

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Baby bell....... Never thought of them. Should get some for DS. Thanks for the tip
    Though I'm now giving him just pieces cut off a block of Colby. Will have to check which one of them is the better one to give.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i give DS those bega stringers. i find he just smooshes up the block cheese. he doesnt have them everyday, maybe a couple times a week